Blue Card

Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:24 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Blue Card

Got to get me blue card soon.

I phoned up one place and they said it cost $100.

My question: Is this a standard charge, or are there other places that do the same thing cheaper.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blue Card

Originally posted by chippy
Got to get me blue card soon.

I phoned up one place and they said it cost $100.

My question: Is this a standard charge, or are there other places that do the same thing cheaper.

Do you mean Blue card as in Lic to work as a chippy, only one place to apply for that the BSA.

If so www.bsa.qld.gov.au

Last edited by jad n rich; Jul 28th 2004 at 2:16 am.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 4:41 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by jad n rich
Do you mean Blue card as in Lic to work as a chippy, only one place to apply for that the BSA.

If so www.bsa.qld.gov.au
No. The site safety card. You do it in about half a day. Anyone wanting to go on site (whatever they work as) needs one. They have a similar thing in the uk, it's all a load of bull really.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

No. The site safety card. You do it in about half a day. Anyone wanting to go on site (whatever they work as) needs one. They have a similar thing in the uk, it's all a load of bull really.

Safety Induction, Master Builders will do it, but loads of private training centres too, $100 sounds OK, just get your accountant to write it against income at end of year.

Bull wait till you get on site, weve had Code assessors, tax dept, licence inspectors and health and safety all turn up in the past 6 weeks, men with clipboards Latest crackdown is workcover policies, if your employing sole traders theres more forms and fees, and of course your written safety plan for every man on the job. Last thing I do these days is actually hold a tool, its more of a pen pushers game just to comply
Old Jul 28th 2004, 6:09 am
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by jad n rich
Safety Induction, Master Builders will do it, but loads of private training centres too, $100 sounds OK, just get your accountant to write it against income at end of year.

Bull wait till you get on site, weve had Code assessors, tax dept, licence inspectors and health and safety all turn up in the past 6 weeks, men with clipboards Latest crackdown is workcover policies, if your employing sole traders theres more forms and fees, and of course your written safety plan for every man on the job. Last thing I do these days is actually hold a tool, its more of a pen pushers game just to comply
I ran my own outfit and dealt with a lot of pen-pushing wasters in my time. (Christ, that'll popularize me with the office types on here won't it).

By the sounds of it, it's as bad, if not worse here. Something to look forward to (not):scared:
Old Jul 28th 2004, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I ran my own outfit and dealt with a lot of pen-pushing wasters in my time. (Christ, that'll popularize me with the office types on here won't it).

By the sounds of it, it's as bad, if not worse here. Something to look forward to (not):scared:

While on courses look at Test and Tag, every tool will now require testing every 3 months (was 6) TAFE and Master builders are doing this one can save you a fortune. Todays course for me is this evening, new regulations and liability regarding anything to do with slabs and plumbing. Another enjoyable evening
Old Jul 28th 2004, 6:40 am
I'm lovin' it

If I said, "that sounds fascinating", would you believe me?
Old Jul 29th 2004, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Told you it was like this, I have had big political debate and won this week regarding the money pinching ways.

$100 is what the chipmister hubby of mine paid, for his first blue card thats the first outlay.

He is now because we where unsure at first to get them applying for his BSA licence to be a subby.

Well for this you need to do a Business managment course hubby so a 3 day one cost $300

Then via NOOSR he had to get his skills changed over to be Australian recognised. For this he has to send what seems to be a replica of the TRA and also they then send out an assesor to see he understands about cycloncic constions with timber framing etc. This takes 6 weeks then he needs to go for his licence. More money.

The good thing is back to my (big debate) point is that I phoned the guys up in Marybrough NOOSR and said can you not just get the TRA with all the stuff in it rather than me asking for it all again, they said I don't see why not and bingo they are sending it up from Canberra ! Now I like it when common sense prevails. Although we have had to have every copy of hubbys certs certified by a justice of the peace! I was lucky we have 2 in work.

So please when you are going for this and done a tra ask them the same question, the people in there are called either Adam or Bernadette. Cost for this $400 for the transition over.

The after all this you can apply for a licence, which has to be renewed every year

Good luck chuck and welcome to the home of pen pushing

You can only subby by the way to another Carpenter/Joiner without a licence.

C

Last edited by Carrianne; Jul 29th 2004 at 10:13 am.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 10:37 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Chippy,
Ring Cadet training on 54366003 Deb and I did the blue card thing yesterday [finally] We almost got caught by the local stazi operating without one
Cost is $60 if you do a daytime one $70 if you go for the evening.

Carrianne, Adam relived me of the same fee for less than 2 mins work he flicks through what you've got and stamps it approved. Thats the start of a very long and tedious journey
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:00 am
Just Joined

helma is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Blue Card

[Hi Chippy

Did my blue card induction on 19/7/4 at the Master builders in Brisbane. I was quoted $100 but the guy at Hays montrose agency told me to say i was with them, i was then charged $70. They never asked to see any proof of this."So say this and you'll be ok.
This safety card is not as deep as the CSCS card back home. In fact there was a young school lad on my 4 hour course who i'm sure hadn't spent much if any time on site.
Safety dosn't seem to be as stringent as back in the u.k. I start work on Monday so i'm sure i'll find out what actually is and isn't implemented?

Yours Keith
Old Aug 5th 2004, 8:49 am
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by helma
[Hi Chippy

Did my blue card induction on 19/7/4 at the Master builders in Brisbane. I was quoted $100 but the guy at Hays montrose agency told me to say i was with them, i was then charged $70. They never asked to see any proof of this."So say this and you'll be ok.
This safety card is not as deep as the CSCS card back home. In fact there was a young school lad on my 4 hour course who i'm sure hadn't spent much if any time on site.
Safety dosn't seem to be as stringent as back in the u.k. I start work on Monday so i'm sure i'll find out what actually is and isn't implemented?

Yours Keith
Did mine on Tuesday. No big deal really. Cost me the full 100 bucks tho.

Cresta I phoned up that place but they are up the coast (I'm in Brissy remember), but thanks anyway.

What trade are you Helma?
Old Aug 5th 2004, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

helma is an unknown quantity at this point

Did mine on Tuesday. No big deal really. Cost me the full 100 bucks tho.

Cresta I phoned up that place but they are up the coast (I'm in Brissy remember), but thanks anyway.

What trade are you Helma?
Hi Chippy
originanly a brickie but for the last seven years back home I was a site manager.
As I said I start on Monday as a site manager but on a lot less money than in the uk for a lot more hours. This was the first offfer i got so i'll try it and discuss money in a months time. One bonus is the've said i'll be working local at Ormiston College.
We are living with friends in Cleveland at the moment, but have bought in Wellington Point.
That's my update keep us informed on how you get on.

Good Luck
keith