Bloody NTL

Old Jun 26th 2005, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bloody NTL

I have had more trouble with bills than I ever had in my life. NTL are complete tossers who havent got more than 2 braincells between the lot of them. My contract with them was terminated on the 6th MAY. Still receiving bills for end of May, June. I had to email them for a phone number as nowhere on their web site did it have an international no and as you know cant phone 0800 or 0845 nos. After several emails and 1 phone call (refused to phone again) I had lots of assurances that it had been sorted and yes there is a note on your file to say it could take upto 4 weeks for bills to be paid as in Oz. Today I picked up a letter telling me that my service has been suspended for non payment, debt collectors and solicitors will be contacted if payment not received (letter dated 8th June how do you suspend a service that finished on 6th May). You cant pay them via online banking and I am not paying over the phone (lost the no anyway). So have just wrote a very snotty letter and enclosed e-mails. Have asked for an apology and assurance credit history wont be damaged. I am so pissed off as this has been going on for 7 weeks now. Wouldnt have minded so much but we had TV, phone and broadband so 3 bills aghhhhhhhh

Sorry rant over.

Just make sure you give 4 weeks notice if you use NTL.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 5:32 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Bloody NTL

Originally Posted by joho
Cheers, noted.

NTL are terrible. I use them for phone (never been a prob), Digital TV (not too good, and the STB is sooooooo slow!!), and Internet (been ok for about a month, which is unheard of!)

Can't wait to ditch them!
Old Jun 26th 2005, 6:45 am
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Angry Re: Bloody NTL

Bloody bloody bloody NTL - I also use them for tv, phone and broadband internet.... except while I was in the middle of booking our reccie trip they decided to cancel one of my email accounts... no-one knew why, "it must have just been an unfortunate error" but I lost all the incoming emails confirming bookings and flights etc. This was really aggrevating.....

AND THEN 2 WEEKS LATER THEY DID IT AGAIN TO BOTH OF MY ACCOUNTS!!!! Hundreds of phone calls later - "it must have just been an unfortunate error"!!!! And no-one could tell me any more than that!!!!

I'd cancel at the drop of a hat, but then again, if we hope to be off soon...?!?
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

I have had more trouble with bills than I ever had in my life. NTL are complete tossers who havent got more than 2 braincells between the lot of them. My contract with them was terminated on the 6th MAY. Still receiving bills for end of May, June. I had to email them for a phone number as nowhere on their web site did it have an international no and as you know cant phone 0800 or 0845 nos. After several emails and 1 phone call (refused to phone again) I had lots of assurances that it had been sorted and yes there is a note on your file to say it could take upto 4 weeks for bills to be paid as in Oz. Today I picked up a letter telling me that my service has been suspended for non payment, debt collectors and solicitors will be contacted if payment not received (letter dated 8th June how do you suspend a service that finished on 6th May). You cant pay them via online banking and I am not paying over the phone (lost the no anyway). So have just wrote a very snotty letter and enclosed e-mails. Have asked for an apology and assurance credit history wont be damaged. I am so pissed off as this has been going on for 7 weeks now. Wouldnt have minded so much but we had TV, phone and broadband so 3 bills aghhhhhhhh

Sorry rant over.

There used to be a website called DON'T PAY NTL...lots of unhappy customers
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:46 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Bloody NTL

Originally Posted by s/nurse
There used to be a website called DON'T PAY NTL...lots of unhappy customers
They are bloody useless when you require any type of customer services except when making a payment!

You may want to look at this...

NTL Hell

We moved in November last year and cancelled all of their services etc and gave them our new address so they could send us the final bill etc. We still get the bills coming to this address now ! ! ! They are a shite company but could be so much better. I believe this was their first year that they have made any profit since they have been going.

We would never use them again.

R.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice

Sorry rant over.

Hi, we had the same problem, we cancelled and four months later we were still getting bills , but we were already in oz,but had our mail redirected to inlaws,they kept phoning us saying about the bills ,but i knew we didnt owe them, they also got the debt collecters onto it,so i got the inlaws to tell them we had moved to oz,and the guy said ok mate ,you wont hear any more about the matter,,,bloody ntl !! so ive no idea if we have been black listed , but who cares ,,,we are the other side of the world...lol
Old Jun 26th 2005, 8:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like AA meetings so here you go:

We have been with NTL for years for tv, phone and broadband. Have never had a problem. Couple of times we have had to contact them and apart from being sent to the wrong area office which was soon sorted they have been really helpful.

Lost our broadband for a couple of days at Christmas. Hubby got on the helpline - dreading the wait, but a human answered after two rings and then happily spent the next hour going through step by step to get it sorted. It was something with our computer not them. NTL guy then finished his shift but passed us to another guy who sorted it out finally. He rang us back a few hours later to check we were still ok.

Haven't tried to close the accounts yet as we haven't sold so might come back in a few months to say they are crap but from our experience they are great.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Same problem here, we had the whole TV, Phone & broadband package and I knew that we would have problems cancelling the contract and I wasn't wrong. They failed TWICE to turn up and collect the set-top box, and I was still getting bills 2 months after I had been in Oz. Actually, I would have been disappointed if they had managed to let me leave the UK without a cock-up
Old Jun 26th 2005, 9:52 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

We cancelled our subscription to NTL world in september last year. We were still getting bills up until November. We just left them, and they stopped sending them after a while. They still took the ISP charge out of the bank for a while, I cancelled the direct debit, and tried to get the money back (about £40) but I think they use incompetence a tool. I gave up after a few months (probably their ploy). Bunch of thieving B****ards.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 3:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
We cancelled our subscription to NTL world in september last year. We were still getting bills up until November. We just left them, and they stopped sending them after a while. They still took the ISP charge out of the bank for a while, I cancelled the direct debit, and tried to get the money back (about £40) but I think they use incompetence a tool. I gave up after a few months (probably their ploy). Bunch of thieving B****ards.
It's essential to cancel *all* direct debits before leaving the UK, as if a company takes money in error it will take time to get it back. Pay any residual bills by cheque.

NTL are an awful company to try and contact if there is any problem with money being taken in error (based on personal experience - I got the money back eventually but it took over a year).

Jeremy
Old Jun 26th 2005, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
It's essential to cancel *all* direct debits before leaving the UK, as if a company takes money in error it will take time to get it back. Pay any residual bills by cheque.

NTL are an awful company to try and contact if there is any problem with money being taken in error (based on personal experience - I got the money back eventually but it took over a year).

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy

I had cancelled the dds luckily, cant imagine how much I would have paid them otherwise. I have to say we have never had a service problem with anything, its just cancelling everything thats been the problem. I know we are living over here now, but if we ever did need to go back I would hate to have a bad credit history. Its so frustrating.

Jo
Old Jun 26th 2005, 11:09 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry rant over.

I paid my final NTL account in May 2004 before we left, paid by credit card. I am still receiving solicitors letters, most recently last week, I keep telling them I owe them nothing, and have the credit card statement to prove it, they still keep sending me solicitors letters. Totally incompetent.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

storerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Carruss
They are bloody useless when you require any type of customer services except when making a payment!

You may want to look at this...

NTL Hell

We moved in November last year and cancelled all of their services etc and gave them our new address so they could send us the final bill etc. We still get the bills coming to this address now ! ! ! They are a shite company but could be so much better. I believe this was their first year that they have made any profit since they have been going.

We would never use them again.

R.
All, FYI the ntl: Hell web site is owned and moderated by ntl, they bought it within the last year.

storerg
Old Jun 27th 2005, 2:24 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry rant over.

Not a name I've heard since leaving the Uk and they were crap there!!
Old Jun 27th 2005, 3:10 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

NTL = Not Today Love...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.