Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bloody British Weather

Bloody British Weather

Old Jul 10th 2004, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Bloody British Weather

Really gets me down!!!
Dad was 65 today. As a surprise we hired a massive BBQ pitch at Queen Elizabeth Country Park. Between us spent a bloody fortune.
Had kids games to keep them happy, 1950`s muusic to keep the ole man happy (dad, that is not Mick), loads of large buckets full of ice, with a huge selection of yummy alcohol chilling. Then enough foood for the 5000!!!

Yep you guessed it. It pissed down!!!!

Really disappointed as we had loads of family there, some had travelled miles and we knew in our hearts that this would be the last time we would see them.

And it was ruined.........
Old Jul 10th 2004, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Really sorry to hear that the brit weather rained on your parade sandra.

Bet it was still great to catch up with your family though and I bet your Dad still enjoyed being made a fuss of.

Chin up chick and mind the bp.
Old Jul 10th 2004, 6:56 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Bloody British Weather

What a shame for you, hope you will still have good memories of the day to take with you.
Old Jul 10th 2004, 11:19 pm
kong

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Really gets me down!!!
Dad was 65 today. As a surprise we hired a massive BBQ pitch at Queen Elizabeth Country Park. Between us spent a bloody fortune.
Had kids games to keep them happy, 1950`s muusic to keep the ole man happy (dad, that is not Mick), loads of large buckets full of ice, with a huge selection of yummy alcohol chilling. Then enough foood for the 5000!!!

Yep you guessed it. It pissed down!!!!

Really disappointed as we had loads of family there, some had travelled miles and we knew in our hearts that this would be the last time we would see them.

And it was ruined.........
What has this got to do with Australia?

Old Jul 11th 2004, 12:10 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by kong
What has this got to do with Australia?
eh...? Making sense isn't your area of expertise, is it?
Old Jul 11th 2004, 1:04 am

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hiya Sandra

Weather was awful!!!!!!

Such a shame for you and your family!

I keep thinking this is my last summer here.............

will I miss this......

Nikki x
Old Jul 11th 2004, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Look on the bright side, saves having to worry about a leaving do. Which can be very stressful.

Since we have moved to NZ the one big shock for us was the amount of rain we get. The worst summer in living memory we are told. Hope they are not just trying to cheer us up.

Robert
Old Jul 12th 2004, 11:01 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

what a bummer!! Take a look in the mirror Sandra....you....like me...have a big 'L' for 'loser' stamped on your forehead. Mind you, yours must be wearing off a little by now because YOU'VE sold your house!!!!

Hope your Dad enjoyed his day despite the weather...bet he just loved having all his family around him to help him celebrate.