Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Blood tests ???????????

Blood tests ???????????

Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:34 pm
nail banger

ivanjjordan will become famous soon enoughivanjjordan will become famous soon enough
Default Blood tests ???????????

Got medicals in a couple of days, can anyone tell me what they consist of, and will our eight year old have to have blood tests? Cause it will be like trying to hold down a wild badger!!!!! Cheers
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:37 pm
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Blood tests ???????????

Hiya, under 11s dont have to have blood test or x rays......good luck
Jo
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:44 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

It does appear to vary depending on which doctor you see, but for the adults at least basic eye test, ears, throat, lungs, general feel over, blood pressure , xray.

Kids tend to be the same without blood and xray.

How touchy/feely the doc gets depends.

Our daughter previous had heart problems, so we had listed every medical issue from birth on the form for each of us, including broken fingers from 35 years ago, so if that showed the doctor that we had be full open, and look after ourselves who knows.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:59 pm
nail banger

ivanjjordan will become famous soon enoughivanjjordan will become famous soon enough

cheers for the info we have a 16 year old who wont be happy but at least i dont have to hold our youngest down ,thanks once again
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:11 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

The Doc we saw was ok.Had blood test, checked weight,eye sight,felt tummy etc.He did a breast exam on me(worse luck) and said it was required by Ozzie government.Did the old "cough" test on Phil.Kids were weighed,tummys felt,eyes tested too.No blood tests required or Xrays for them.
It was all pretty painless until it came to parting with the huge sum of money for less than an hours work!
But,hey,hum,we have our visa!
Andy
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

kateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to all

hi all

don't want to worry anyone but the butcher of ???????????? did this to me.

derek
Attached Thumbnails Blood tests  ???????????-bloods.jpg  
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:41 am
nail banger

ouch that looks sore
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kateandderek2
hi all

don't want to worry anyone but the butcher of ???????????? did this to me.

derek
Ouch
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ivanjjordan
Got medicals in a couple of days, can anyone tell me what they consist of, and will our eight year old have to have blood tests? Cause it will be like trying to hold down a wild badger!!!!! Cheers
I was told when I booked my medical that as I have a couple of tattoos I might require extra blood tests but that this was at the discretion of the doctor whether they would be required. Has anyone had this response? Would be interesting to know how they decide whether I do require these extra tests!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:20 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wilso16
I was told when I booked my medical that as I have a couple of tattoos I might require extra blood tests but that this was at the discretion of the doctor whether they would be required. Has anyone had this response? Would be interesting to know how they decide whether I do require these extra tests!
My OH has Tattoos and they didn't bother.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Bertie44 will become famous soon enough

Our medicals - chest x ray, blood tests, urine,weight, height,eyetest, general examination-stomach,back etc.
Kids- no blood tests, did weight, height, eyetest, small examination.
Didnt bother about my tattoo.
No probs!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ivanjjordan
I think your qustions have been answered by the previous posters, but what I want to know is how long you have been badger wrestleing to be able to compare?
Old Mar 6th 2007, 12:34 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Our Doctor said the same.We didnt have to have anything extra done though,as our tats arent extensive.IHubby has an arm band and I have a small one on my tummy.(tasteful of course!)
Old Mar 6th 2007, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum
Our Doctor said the same.We didnt have to have anything extra done though,as our tats arent extensive.IHubby has an arm band and I have a small one on my tummy.(tasteful of course!)
Oh that's good to know. Hopefully my doctor will be just a nice and not bother with the extra tests. Fingers crossed!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that's good to know. Hopefully my doctor will be just a nice and not bother with the extra tests. Fingers crossed!
I only have a tiny tattoo but had to have the extra test! they don't take blood twice though, just charge you more!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.