Blimey!!

Old Sep 9th 2005, 4:58 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blimey!!

Posted a few days ago to say that our freight was well on its way and that we'd been told that it was due to arrive on 12th September.

We got a call yesterday afternoon from Kent's to say that it has arrived in Fremantle. Our packers only left with the last of it on 12th August, and we're still trying to arrange shipping for a box of stuff they missed! It's still got to go through customs, but I'm wondering if 27 days is some sort of record...

Safe journey to everyone else's freight. I am very relieved to know it's got here safely. I've been haunted by those pics that were posted of containers disappearing off the back of the ship in rough seas!!

Sue
Old Sep 9th 2005, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future
Default Re: Blimey!!

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Posted a few days ago to say that our freight was well on its way and that we'd been told that it was due to arrive on 12th September.

We got a call yesterday afternoon from Kent's to say that it has arrived in Fremantle. Our packers only left with the last of it on 12th August, and we're still trying to arrange shipping for a box of stuff they missed! It's still got to go through customs, but I'm wondering if 27 days is some sort of record...

Safe journey to everyone else's freight. I am very relieved to know it's got here safely. I've been haunted by those pics that were posted of containers disappearing off the back of the ship in rough seas!!

Sue
Hi Sue

That was quick. Please can you let me have their website address if you know it. Let us know how long it takes to clear customs and what state it arrives in at your new pad - hopefully in the same condition it left the UK!

Debs
Old Sep 9th 2005, 1:39 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debilloyd
Hi Sue

That was quick. Please can you let me have their website address if you know it. Let us know how long it takes to clear customs and what state it arrives in at your new pad - hopefully in the same condition it left the UK!

Debs
Our shipping was organised for us, Debs. Because we are here on a 457, my dh's employers contracted Kent's, in Oz, to carry out the freight removal, and they in turn contracted Bishop's in Exeter to carry out the English end of the proceedings. Bishop's packed for us and got it all in the container, then once en route, Kent's took over responsibility.

Both have been/were very good. We were very satisfied with Bishop's back in England, their packers and general approach, and Kent's have also impressed. We got phone calls from them while the packers were in, checking we were happy with what was being done, then we have had further calls from them telling us that our air freight had arrived and organising delivery of that, and also two e-mails advising on the status of our shipped freight, along with a call to say it had arrived in Fremantle.

Kent's have also settled an insurance issue very quickly and completely - dh's computer had a bit of a shaking up in the air freight, and arrived with the fan having fallen off, and as a result of that, the motherboard and modem card were damaged. Dh replaced them and made a claim, and Kent's coughed up without comment. The guy even brought the money round to the apartment where we're staying! That looked good - me taking cash from a gent in a suit in the lobby....

I would recommend them whole-heartedly. Bishop's can be found on www.bishopsmove.com and Kent's can be found on www.kentmoving.com.

HTH.

Sue
Old Sep 9th 2005, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Our shipping was organised for us, Debs. Because we are here on a 457, my dh's employers contracted Kent's, in Oz, to carry out the freight removal, and they in turn contracted Bishop's in Exeter to carry out the English end of the proceedings. Bishop's packed for us and got it all in the container, then once en route, Kent's took over responsibility.

Both have been/were very good. We were very satisfied with Bishop's back in England, their packers and general approach, and Kent's have also impressed. We got phone calls from them while the packers were in, checking we were happy with what was being done, then we have had further calls from them telling us that our air freight had arrived and organising delivery of that, and also two e-mails advising on the status of our shipped freight, along with a call to say it had arrived in Fremantle.

Kent's have also settled an insurance issue very quickly and completely - dh's computer had a bit of a shaking up in the air freight, and arrived with the fan having fallen off, and as a result of that, the motherboard and modem card were damaged. Dh replaced them and made a claim, and Kent's coughed up without comment. The guy even brought the money round to the apartment where we're staying! That looked good - me taking cash from a gent in a suit in the lobby....

I would recommend them whole-heartedly. Bishop's can be found on www.bishopsmove.com and Kent's can be found on www.kentmoving.com.

HTH.

Sue
Thanks for the info Sue, I'll look into it. Glad you got most of your stuff bar DH's computer over in one piece. Good luck over there and enjoy