Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bleedin Tradesmen

Wikiposts

Bleedin Tradesmen

Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bleedin Tradesmen

After waiting 18 months for some rather major excavating to be done we received a phone call from the geezer saying that he has decided to bugger off on holiday with some lads so can no longer do our garden.... this happen 2 days before he was due to start.....

I will let you read what our landscaper has said after I asked for a discount!

Mark & Clare,
I'm as pissed off as you are and I wish "we" were in a stronger position and unfortunately that starts bordering on spite. I mean if you really wanted to we could hire Phil and sack Ross on the 18th. There is however a conflict of interest here on my behalf in that my Biocycle installation is to be done by a plumber that I met through Ross and the plumber uses Ross to do the excavation. My ability to get my Biocycle installed and also my Town Planning Permit for my new house relies on getting the biocycle installed and hopefully before winter and after your job - get the roof on my house - and this has taken me 10 years to get to this point - a bit like your job times 5! I am however a man of strong principals. As I said before, the ball really is in your court. These "tradies" are hard to get and rocking the boat, even tho you/we have not been treated in a fair manner in my opinion, may not be to either of our advantage in the long run. As I have learnt lately, it just doesn't pay to try and force the issue with anything to do with building anything - just go with the flow (typically known as "she'll be right mate" in Australia) and try and push things along without upsetting anyone you're dealing with - whether you think you're right or not just doesn't seem to cut any mustard in this country - it's been gobsmacking me for 22 years how anything gets done! But, somehow it does? Besides, its been sometime since Phil said he could do something 'round the 10th, so that may well be closer to the 19th anyway? If we had time, some of the things i've been through lately would just knock your socks off and somehow I'm maintaining my sanity. I've just learnt to be patient. The decision is yours, my advice is go with Ross on the 19th.
Hope this (sort of) helps,
Rudee

I love this guy and he has gone to so many lengths for us!!! I guess that after 2 years here I should just sit in the garden and chill!!!

Doesn't help get the work done for when I have 6 visitors in a few weeks though let alone get the place ready to sell if we wish
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bleedin Tradesmen

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
After waiting 18 months for some rather major excavating to be done we received a phone call from the geezer saying that he has decided to bugger off on holiday with some lads so can no longer do our garden.... this happen 2 days before he was due to start.....

I will let you read what our landscaper has said after I asked for a discount!

Mark & Clare,
I'm as pissed off as you are and I wish "we" were in a stronger position and unfortunately that starts bordering on spite. I mean if you really wanted to we could hire Phil and sack Ross on the 18th. There is however a conflict of interest here on my behalf in that my Biocycle installation is to be done by a plumber that I met through Ross and the plumber uses Ross to do the excavation. My ability to get my Biocycle installed and also my Town Planning Permit for my new house relies on getting the biocycle installed and hopefully before winter and after your job - get the roof on my house - and this has taken me 10 years to get to this point - a bit like your job times 5! I am however a man of strong principals. As I said before, the ball really is in your court. These "tradies" are hard to get and rocking the boat, even tho you/we have not been treated in a fair manner in my opinion, may not be to either of our advantage in the long run. As I have learnt lately, it just doesn't pay to try and force the issue with anything to do with building anything - just go with the flow (typically known as "she'll be right mate" in Australia) and try and push things along without upsetting anyone you're dealing with - whether you think you're right or not just doesn't seem to cut any mustard in this country - it's been gobsmacking me for 22 years how anything gets done! But, somehow it does? Besides, its been sometime since Phil said he could do something 'round the 10th, so that may well be closer to the 19th anyway? If we had time, some of the things i've been through lately would just knock your socks off and somehow I'm maintaining my sanity. I've just learnt to be patient. The decision is yours, my advice is go with Ross on the 19th.
Hope this (sort of) helps,
Rudee

I love this guy and he has gone to so many lengths for us!!! I guess that after 2 years here I should just sit in the garden and chill!!!

Doesn't help get the work done for when I have 6 visitors in a few weeks though let alone get the place ready to sell if we wish
Bloody hell..... It lost me half way through Once around the roses with Rudee if you ask me