Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BITs And Bobs to take to OZ

BITs And Bobs to take to OZ

Old Jun 27th 2004, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Ratman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BITs And Bobs to take to OZ

Is it OK to take DIY bits and bobs to OZ?, like reclaimed screws, nails, household bits, etc, that I have accumilated over the years and have come in very handy, as i have drawers of the stuff in my shed, and may come in handy setting up a new place.

Also are there any other peculiar stiplulations on old stuff I might need to be aware of??

Thanks in advance

Ratman
Old Jun 27th 2004, 6:01 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BITs And Bobs to take to OZ

Originally posted by Ratman
Is it OK to take DIY bits and bobs to OZ?, like reclaimed screws, nails, household bits, etc, that I have accumilated over the years and have come in very handy, as i have drawers of the stuff in my shed, and may come in handy setting up a new place.

Also are there any other peculiar stiplulations on old stuff I might need to be aware of??

Thanks in advance

Ratman
Hi Ratman

Think rust is a big no no. I've got a shed load (literally) of screws etc, but am ditching them. Gonna have to clean my tools up thou for the big DIY push once there.

Walla
Old Jun 27th 2004, 6:41 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally posted by walla1
Hi Ratman

Think rust is a big no no. I've got a shed load (literally) of screws etc, but am ditching them. Gonna have to clean my tools up thou for the big DIY push once there.

Walla
Hiya Wall,

why would rust be a problem? I don't plan on taking hunks of rust, b ut surface rust should be ok?

Bye
Mark
Old Jun 27th 2004, 7:09 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by markeh
Hiya Wall,

why would rust be a problem? I don't plan on taking hunks of rust, b ut surface rust should be ok?

Bye
Mark
Hi Mark

I think it's a customs thing. Rub the rust off, bit of WD40 and you should be ok. That's what I'm doing anyway

Walla
Old Jun 27th 2004, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Ratman is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies Walla/Mark

I suppose that this means that I will havce to ditch all my useful bits and start paying stupid DIY shop prices for basics like screws and such that I take for granted and only taking the nice looking tools....

Ah well!! something extra for the prospective house buyer to have.....

Whats the deal on this rust thing, anybody got more feedback??

Thanks

Ratman