Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A bit of xmas cheer!

A bit of xmas cheer!

Old Nov 24th 2003, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice
Talking A bit of xmas cheer!

Hi all,
I read a lot of posts but dont often reply! So I thought I would take this opportunity to say..............
I wish all forum members a safe and happy xmas, whether you be in the UK or your new "home", I have read with interest peoples triumphs and problems, with either staying or going and getting here and not liking being here. I hope those of you who are still waiting for that yellow envelope to drop in the letterbox, you will not have too long to wait. Those of you who are packed ready to leave englands shores, I hope you have a safe jorney and I hope that Australia lives up to your expectations.
Talking of expectations, and I probably re-iterate what other members have said, the grass isn't greener, its just another shade, I've been here for 4 years now and I can honestly say that I have never felt like going back. All those who are thinking of going back I would say, do what is RIGHT FOR YOU no one else, only you can run your life, its too short to be unhappy, and at least you can say you tried it! In short, those of you having a last Xmas in the UK before your big adventure, have a great time, those of you missing family and friends in the UK, dont dwell too much on it, after all we have e mail and phones! I hope the New Year brings each of you what you want, those of you with children and worrying whether they will settle, dont - kids are very resilient, mine have adapted, eldest was 14 when I came here. Just think of the opportunity you are giving them. Anyway I'll stop rambling now and finish my drink!!!!!!!!!LOL.
Old Nov 24th 2003, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: A bit of xmas cheer!

Originally posted by invictia
Hi all,
I read a lot of posts but dont often reply! So I thought I would take this opportunity to say..............
I wish all forum members a safe and happy xmas, whether you be in the UK or your new "home", I have read with interest peoples triumphs and problems, with either staying or going and getting here and not liking being here. I hope those of you who are still waiting for that yellow envelope to drop in the letterbox, you will not have too long to wait. Those of you who are packed ready to leave englands shores, I hope you have a safe jorney and I hope that Australia lives up to your expectations.
Talking of expectations, and I probably re-iterate what other members have said, the grass isn't greener, its just another shade, I've been here for 4 years now and I can honestly say that I have never felt like going back. All those who are thinking of going back I would say, do what is RIGHT FOR YOU no one else, only you can run your life, its too short to be unhappy, and at least you can say you tried it! In short, those of you having a last Xmas in the UK before your big adventure, have a great time, those of you missing family and friends in the UK, dont dwell too much on it, after all we have e mail and phones! I hope the New Year brings each of you what you want, those of you with children and worrying whether they will settle, dont - kids are very resilient, mine have adapted, eldest was 14 when I came here. Just think of the opportunity you are giving them. Anyway I'll stop rambling now and finish my drink!!!!!!!!!LOL.
Awwwwwwwwww What a nice post, feel better already and reassured about the kids....Well said invictia...Jan