Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bit of help with me volumes?

Bit of help with me volumes?

Old Feb 3rd 2003, 9:54 pm

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of
Default Bit of help with me volumes?

Hopefully some of you guys on here have a bit of experience with shipping volumes. My firm has just told me they will pay for personal effects on repatriation to the UK up to 192 cu feet/567 kgs. We basically came here almost empty handed a couple of years ago but have acquired some furniture, electrical goods, mountain bikes, surf boards etc etc in the 2 years here. Can anyone tell me if this sounds like enough for the basic possessions of a couple?
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 11:44 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bit of help with me volumes?

Originally posted by Herman
Hopefully some of you guys on here have a bit of experience with shipping volumes. My firm has just told me they will pay for personal effects on repatriation to the UK up to 192 cu feet/567 kgs. We basically came here almost empty handed a couple of years ago but have acquired some furniture, electrical goods, mountain bikes, surf boards etc etc in the 2 years here. Can anyone tell me if this sounds like enough for the basic possessions of a couple?

As a comparison we filled a 20' container (loading volume of 880 cu feet) with the contents of a v.small 2.5 bed semi. We did not take any white goods and left out double matress but did include a motorcycle.

Hope this helps

Paula
Old Feb 4th 2003, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We have found the volumes, very confusing, this is how we worked it out, we had 2 quote's Pickford's said we needed 409 cuft, Blatchpack 250 cuft. So in masking tape on the floor we measured out different cuft, then put our stuff into the marked out space (hope this make's sense.

Example:

250 cuft =35 sqft or 8ft high, 5ft wide, 7 ft deep.
1100 cuft=160 sqft or 8ft high, 8 ft wide, 20ft deep.

Hope this help's.

Sue