Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bit of a gamble...

Bit of a gamble...

Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Tom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to all
Default Bit of a gamble...

The packers were here yesterday so our wordly possessions are already on their way to Melbourne.

Our 457 visas haven't been granted yet :scared:

Our house sale is scheduled for this Friday but could potentially be delayed until the end of October :scared:

We fly Monday :scared:

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Mel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really nice
Default Re: Bit of a gamble...

Originally Posted by Tom and Maria
The packers were here yesterday so our wordly possessions are already on their way to Melbourne.

Our house sale is scheduled for this Friday but could potentially be delayed until the end of October :scared:

WOW! :scared:

You are very brave!

Good luck to you all though, i bet your soooooo excited.
Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Melis
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mel n Daz
WOW! :scared:

You are very brave!

Good luck to you all though, i bet your soooooo excited.
Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Melis
al tel you wot mate am pleased there is another one like me out there you will do well here mate if you prepared to take a risk gud on ya and welcome to australia (wen u get here)
Old Sep 6th 2006, 12:29 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

What have you done with regards to a visa to fly ?

If you are thinking of getting a holiday visa, be careful that you dont apply for the holiday visa just after the 457 gets granted, because the 457 will then be invalid :scared: A new visa always overrides any previously issued visa's whatever type they may be.

Then you'll be up the river without a paddle

Congrats with everything anyway and good luck, you are definitely a lot braver (or more stupid ) than I would dare to be.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Sara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant future

Good luck !!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 5:01 am
Just Joined

Tom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sara1970
Good luck !!
So far it's paid off...

I'm in Melbourne already working on the 457 visa. We got them 2 days before we flew, which was nice. The house sale is now ready for completion and should go through this week if everything goes to plan (fingers crossed).

Melbourne itself is how I remember it, very nice. We are on Collins Street in Liberty Tower with views over the docklands and sea.

Would be good to meet up with anyone in Melbourne soon - when my brain morphs back into a proper brain, rather than the current jet-lag-induced Swiss cheese that it is.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 5:05 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

So far it's paid off...

I'm in Melbourne already working on the 457 visa. We got them 2 days before we flew, which was nice. The house sale is now ready for completion and should go through this week if everything goes to plan (fingers crossed).

Melbourne itself is how I remember it, very nice. We are on Collins Street in Liberty Tower with views over the docklands and sea.

Would be good to meet up with anyone in Melbourne soon - when my brain morphs back into a proper brain, rather than the current jet-lag-induced Swiss cheese that it is.

Will you have to go offshore then for your visas to be granted ?
Old Sep 13th 2006, 5:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Will you have to go offshore then for your visas to be granted ?
They were granted just before we left the UK so we don't need to do anything else except go to the visa place here in Melbourne and get the labels put into our passports.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I am glad things are working out well for you so far. Good luck with your new lives in Oz.

Katie
Old Sep 13th 2006, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

[ :scared: wow...you must have been good in this life! keep the good luck flowing.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:23 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

So far it's paid off...

Glad to see it all fell into place just in time.

Have great time in Melbourne, from a very jelous 457 applicant still waiting to get out to Melbourne

Paul
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:34 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

They were granted just before we left the UK so we don't need to do anything else except go to the visa place here in Melbourne and get the labels put into our passports.
You sold your house to come over on 457 temp visas - have you plans to stay perm?
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:50 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by Sandra
You sold your house to come over on 457 temp visas - have you plans to stay perm?
is that so strange ?

Thats what we are planning on doing as well.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 6:07 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
is that so strange ?

Thats what we are planning on doing as well.
Ok I did not say it was strange - but we came over on a 457 and did not sell up in the UK until our PR was completed 1 year later.

On a 457 you only have the right to stay for max 4 years - the UK market in houses moves in pounds, so I asked the question why sell out.

A temp visa is a temp visa.....but if there are plans to move to a perm then I understand.

Cheers
Old Sep 14th 2006, 6:25 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by Sandra
Ok I did not say it was strange - but we came over on a 457 and did not sell up in the UK until our PR was completed 1 year later.

On a 457 you only have the right to stay for max 4 years - the UK market in houses moves in pounds, so I asked the question why sell out.

A temp visa is a temp visa.....but if there are plans to move to a perm then I understand.

Cheers
I didnt mean to imply it was strange. I was on the phone at the time so I just posted a quick answer,and it came over a wrong.sorry.

We are going out on a 457 because I don't have the qualifications as a sales executive/director of a decent sized company to apply for a PR visa but after 2 years in Oz its no problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.