Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Birth Certificates,without parents names on them.

Birth Certificates,without parents names on them.

Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice
Default Birth Certificates,without parents names on them.

My birth certificate and my boyfriend's does not show the names of our parents on them, but on the checklist for the skilled migration visa it asks for birth certificates, showing age and both parents names. The copy that we have is about a quarter of the size of an a4 piece of paper.

Anyone elses birth certificate look like this, any advice.

lisax
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:37 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Birth Certificates,without parents names on them.

Originally Posted by lisas
My birth certificate and my boyfriend's does not show the names of our parents on them, but on the checklist for the skilled migration visa it asks for birth certificates, showing age and both parents names. The copy that we have is about a quarter of the size of an a4 piece of paper.

lisax
phone up the "district" that u were registered in...this will be on the certificate......ask them to issue you with FULL birth certificates....will cost ya 15 quid each and take about 3 days to come thro

best of luck
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:38 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by biggy
phone up the "district" that u were registered in...this will be on the certificate......ask them to issue you with FULL birth certificates....will cost ya 15 quid each and take about 3 days to come thro

best of luck
Yep that is what I did.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:45 pm
hells02

Originally Posted by lisas

lisax

I had the same certificate as yours with no parents name on, had no problems.
Helen

Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice

Thx, for everyones help.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:04 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hells02
I had the same certificate as yours with no parents name on, had no problems.
Helen
Others have had problems and had to resubmit the birth certificate adding extra time to the application.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:07 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bondipom
Others have had problems and had to resubmit the birth certificate adding extra time to the application.

Yeah its best to get the proper ones before u send off ur application...saves gettin delayed
Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

thx everyone, you are right, best to get everying right the first time, i don't want any delays.

lisasx
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

If you were born in England or Wales then you should be able to order a copy online at http://www.col.statistics.gov.uk

We did this and they took about 10 days to come through.

Anne
Old Apr 1st 2005, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Spindels is an unknown quantity at this point

We had the same birth certificates and had no problems, but our marriage certificate had our parents names on it.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

Originally Posted by spottydog
If you were born in England or Wales then you should be able to order a copy online at http://www.col.statistics.gov.uk

We did this and they took about 10 days to come through.

Anne
What a fantasic service! I've ordered one just so I have a copy. -I love being able to order things without even leaving the house!
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamiem
What a fantasic service! I've ordered one just so I have a copy. -I love being able to order things without even leaving the house!

we ordered all ours via the general register office, really efficient, cost £11 and took about 1wk to arrive
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

I ordered copies of the childrens £7 each from the county registrars office, Ihad better read this again coz i thought it meant for the children. Does it apply to us as adults then, could open a can of worms for some I think!!!

CHRIS
Old Apr 1st 2005, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
I ordered copies of the childrens £7 each from the county registrars office, Ihad better read this again coz i thought it meant for the children. Does it apply to us as adults then, could open a can of worms for some I think!!!

CHRIS
hi chris, from what ive been told, everyone on the application should have a full birth cert.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by jimtrish
hi chris, from what ive been told, everyone on the application should have a full birth cert.

Oh dear better send for some more then. assume its for when you apply for 10 sets of parents to enter the coumtry!!!! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.