Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

birmingham medical prices

birmingham medical prices

Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:03 pm

kevpreece is an unknown quantity at this point
Default birmingham medical prices

Hi All,

Drs Hamilton, Eccleston, Butler, Smith and Harding in Birmingham, they offer x-ray and blood test as well. For an adult medical checkup, x-ray and blood test it cost £130. add £15 if you have a tattoo so they can check for hep C .

110 Church lane
Handsworth Wood
Birmingham B20 2ES

Tel 0121 523 7117

may help some of you who have just had med requests.

cheers

kevster
Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: birmingham medical prices

Originally posted by kevpreece
Hi All,

Drs Hamilton, Eccleston, Butler, Smith and Harding in Birmingham, they offer x-ray and blood test as well. For an adult medical checkup, x-ray and blood test it cost £130. add £15 if you have a tattoo so they can check for hep C .

110 Church lane
Handsworth Wood
Birmingham B20 2ES

Tel 0121 523 7117

cheers

kevster

We went to them, very quick, efficient and friendly (did have the breast exam and hubby the cough and drop though!)
When my Hubbys BP was slightly high they retook it several times until it was in normal limits. Also very good at advising what would be acceptable in terms of extra information about a couple of things.
Highly recomended!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:11 pm

Originally posted by mcmercer
We went to them, very quick, efficient and friendly (did have the breast exam and hubby the cough and drop though!)
When my Hubbys BP was slightly high they retook it several times until it was in normal limits. Also very good at advising what would be acceptable in terms of extra information about a couple of things.
Highly recomended!
hi mcmercer,

how long did it take ? and did they send them off to oz ? if so how much did they charge you ?

let me know

cheers

kevster
Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:12 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

110 Church lane
Handsworth Wood
Birmingham B20 2ES

Tel 0121 523 7117

cheers

kevster
Looks cheaper than ours,booked them this morning.
I suppose that's why my doctors called Dr .Million
Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:17 pm
Account Closed

hi mcmercer,

how long did it take ? and did they send them off to oz ? if so how much did they charge you ?

let me know

cheers

kevster

It took just over an hour for three of us. They have quite an efficient conveyer belt system. In for x-ray, weighed and eye test first, then nurse for bloods and urine, then doc for check over. It cost £312 for 2 adults and 1 child (including hep B for me) that covered the postage too, I think they charged £12 for that but not 100% sure. Not a bad experience at all though, pleasant waiting area with play area for children too.
Good luck,
Michaela
Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

110 Church lane
Handsworth Wood
Birmingham B20 2ES

Tel 0121 523 7117

cheers

kevster
Are the x-rays done at the Priory hospital or at the above address?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by debsvirgo

All at the above address Debs, the hourish that it took us included x-rays.
Michaela
Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:02 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know if they want a Hep B test for a pierced belly button? Or is it just tattoos?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:03 pm

Originally posted by debsvirgo

at the above address, they doth both

cheers
kevster
Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by bundy
Anyone know if they want a Hep B test for a pierced belly button? Or is it just tattoos?

Ours was any piercings other than the earlobe Bundy.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:14 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was any piercings other than the earlobe Bundy.
Bugger. Will remove ring tonight and attempt to get hole to close, plug with fluff if necessary
Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by bundy
Bugger. Will remove ring tonight and attempt to get hole to close, plug with fluff if necessary

That special blue fluff, only to be found in belly buttons?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:45 pm
She's a bird, you know

That special blue fluff, only to be found in belly buttons?
That's the stuff. Need a nice little wad of it to fill the hole
Old Jan 27th 2004, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Yep, we went there too - seems like ages ago now. They were very good. We made a day of it - took a picnic and went to a nearby park and played footie

I didn't get a boob grope though Think the Hep C is just for tattoos Bundy.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 7:44 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Yep, we went there too - seems like ages ago now. They were very good. We made a day of it - took a picnic and went to a nearby park and played footie

I didn't get a boob grope though Think the Hep C is just for tattoos Bundy.
Hope so. I spent an hour last night trying to remove my belly button ring, hampered by the fact that I cannot bear me or anyone else touching my belly button (why I got it pierced is anyone's guess - much less how I managed to get it pierced).