View Poll Results: should we all stop work if bird flu hits?
yes- work can whistle
33.33%
no- we should carry on as normal
40.74%
not sure
3.70%
cant afford to
22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

bird flu

Old Oct 16th 2005, 5:46 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default bird flu

bird flu

f**k work then
they say public events stoped
schools closed
no mention of work but i wont be f*****g going
whats your thoughts?
Old Oct 16th 2005, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bird flu

Originally Posted by robos
bird flu

f**k work then
schools closed
whats your thoughts?
I was going to question that. Its a bit odd that everywhere else is closed bar places of work! Seems a tad unfair, but what will happen if Tesco's and Sainsbury's can't function? We'll all starve!
Old Oct 16th 2005, 6:06 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
I was going to question that. Its a bit odd that everywhere else is closed bar places of work! Seems a tad unfair, but what will happen if Tesco's and Sainsbury's can't function? We'll all starve!

well you see they should just leave the doors open and we can go in and help ourselves as we wouldnt be able to pay if were all off work anyway

and then i woke up with a bump

a girl can dream

jan xx
Old Oct 16th 2005, 6:20 pm
one day rodders !!!

well you see they should just leave the doors open and we can go in and help ourselves as we wouldnt be able to pay if were all off work anyway

and then i woke up with a bump

a girl can dream

jan xx
we cant afford to stay off but i dont want to die
Old Oct 16th 2005, 6:48 pm
one day rodders !!!

Im with the missus, work can F**K O*F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gaz.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 7:04 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by glittababe
Hiya Glitterbabe,
I'll be stopping at home it it comes to the UK.
Take a little holiday!

I work in a big open plan office and coughs and colds spread easy, never mind something that can kill!

Just remember to have plenty of food, water and something to cook on (don't expect things to work for too long) in the house because the shops will soon run out! Just remember what happened when there was a petrol chrisis!

Bye
Marhk
Old Oct 16th 2005, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

bird flu

f**k work then
schools closed
whats your thoughts?

As a health care professional I've been promised the jab, however, this particular virus is air bourne, capable of living on any surface for up to 2 hours and I've just heard tonight that the innoculation is ineffective anyway.

Plus, what's the point of immunisation when I can take it home to my family anyway?
Old Oct 16th 2005, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
As a health care professional I've been promised the jab, however, this particular virus is air bourne, capable of living on any surface for up to 2 hours and I've just heard tonight that the innoculation is ineffective anyway.

Plus, what's the point of immunisation when I can take it home to my family anyway?
I don't reckon any thing will happen, concerning the bird flu thing. Ever since i can remember, every winter there has been some kind of flu going to kill us all - Asian flu usually! and it never materialises, thank goodness. So it seems like another scare story, to keep the media busy, the populations scared and the poor old birds dead!!
Old Oct 16th 2005, 9:59 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by katiesel
I don't reckon any thing will happen, concerning the bird flu thing. Ever since i can remember, every winter there has been some kind of flu going to kill us all - Asian flu usually! and it never materialises, thank goodness. So it seems like another scare story, to keep the media busy, the populations scared and the poor old birds dead!!

Hiya Katiesel,

60% death rate say's it all to me!
What they are worried about "is" if it mutates with human flu and becomes easily communicable.

Bye
Mark
Gloom and doom agian!
Old Oct 16th 2005, 10:13 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by markeh
Hiya Katiesel,

60% death rate say's it all to me!
What they are worried about "is" if it mutates with human flu and becomes easily communicable.

Bye
Mark
Gloom and doom agian!

Yeah, bring it on, at last a bit of natural selection, wipe out all the old and weak from society. Can we also mutate it to take out the unemployed. The rest of us will easily be able to afford them desirable beachfront properties.

Slater
Old Oct 16th 2005, 10:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it depends on the sex of the person who gets it
Old Oct 17th 2005, 4:12 am
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Slater
Yeah, bring it on, at last a bit of natural selection, wipe out all the old and weak from society. Can we also mutate it to take out the unemployed. The rest of us will easily be able to afford them desirable beachfront properties.

Slater
I'm not easily riled, but this is just about the most arrogant, ignorant and bigoted post I've seen on here.
Doesn't it occur to you that if the flu does strike and is as deadly as forecast, there will be a surplus of housing, so you, as a builder, may very well find yourself among the ranks of the unemployed?
How will you cope without any of the modern conveniences you take for granted? Maybe one of the 'old and feeble' will be able to give you some tips on survival!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:39 am
one day rodders !!!

thats exactly why i say f**k work its every man(woman) for themselves

look after number 1
starting a new business
selling face masks if anyone wants to buy one
lol

jan xx
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:43 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a big issue in the UK?
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:47 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TheCrone
I'm not easily riled, but this is just about the most arrogant, ignorant and bigoted post I've seen on here.
Doesn't it occur to you that if the flu does strike and is as deadly as forecast, there will be a surplus of housing, so you, as a builder, may very well find yourself among the ranks of the unemployed?
How will you cope without any of the modern conveniences you take for granted? Maybe one of the 'old and feeble' will be able to give you some tips on survival!

Everyone has their own opinion, I suppose you believe in a religion, why? because mummy and daddy inflicted on you? never formed your own views then. I believe in Nature, the world as it stands is anti nature, there is no natural selection, health and safety laws protect the weak and the stupid allowing them to survive, breed and create more generations of increasingly weak and stupid people that need healthy people to look after them. Where did the UK come in the Olympics, nowhere! see where they came in the paralympics and you will see my point. When all you old gits are killed off with a pandemic, as you rightly point out there will be a housing surplus, prices will drop and I can get my beachfront! BTW it was written tongue in cheek.

Happy Daze

Slater

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.