Wikiposts

Billy no (aussie) mates!!!

Old Oct 13th 2004, 9:06 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Billy no (aussie) mates!!!

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Well, if the rumours of the builders bum calender is true your DEFO invited
excellent one . I'll see you next May then (if the house eventually sells!)
Old Oct 14th 2004, 1:10 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Essex isn't far from here. A few of us (in Herts) are meeting up on Sunday just outside Hertford. Feel free to join us - give Graham (arnie2oz) a pm by Friday if you are. Some of us are heading that way over the next year.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256144
Thanks for the invite moneypen20. Would have loved to have come but unfortunately the Mrs works between 12 and 5.30 every Sunday. It's probably a bit short notice to try and book the day off now. I'll ask but if not we'll just have to try and make the next one.

Have a great time if we don't make it and hopefully meet you all soon.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:16 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by elksa
hi there. Is there anyone moving to brisbane or gold coast area next April/May time, as we have just received our visas, (horay!) and know absolutely no one out there what so ever. Would be fantastic to here from anyone, certainly if you have children too. We have 2 boys aged 2 & 12years old. Would also be good to hear from any one already living around Brisbane/gold coast areas.

Hi Elksa,
Congratulations on getting your visas - it's a fab feeling!!!
We are heading for Brisbane as soon as the house is sold (which better be soon coz we're desperate to go), so hopefully we will be there before April/May next year!!!
We have a little boy who's 2 yrs old, so he would make a great paymate for your 2 yr old.
Once I get to Brissie, I will be going on the next Brisbane Girls Drinking Club night out as well!!!
Shell
Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:05 am
At last! We're here!!!

alison_g is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks
I'll also be a billy no mates when we arrive, so would love to meet anyone!! We will be on the Sunny coast......... everyone seems to be around Brissie.. Use to live in Holland Park...........
Like the sound of the drinking club!
Ali
Old Oct 14th 2004, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

Hi I'd love to meet up with you all too but I'm having problems with DIMIA so I'll be a lot later than I had hoped. Hope you all have a fab time out & hope to catch up with you all before long. Just spare me a thought while your living it up in Brisbane, & have a few drinks on my behalf
Old Oct 14th 2004, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Dave, Tracy & Emily is on a distinguished road

hi there. Is there anyone moving to brisbane or gold coast area next April/May time, as we have just received our visas, (horay!) and know absolutely no one out there what so ever. Would be fantastic to here from anyone, certainly if you have children too. We have 2 boys aged 2 & 12years old. Would also be good to hear from any one already living around Brisbane/gold coast areas.
We are in Manchester at the moment, but we normally reside in Bardon, which is the north west suburbs of Brisbane. Booked flights to return home next June, having a holiday on the way so will actually arrive in July. We have a baby daughter aged 7 months. My husbane is an aussie and I am from Manchester, was living in oz for 4 years. Will be happy to give any help if possible.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

of2oz is on a distinguished road

try the www.britzinbrisbane.com website, good luck mate.
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:42 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

Originally Posted by vikk
Hi I'd love to meet up with you all too but I'm having problems with DIMIA so I'll be a lot later than I had hoped. Hope you all have a fab time out & hope to catch up with you all before long. Just spare me a thought while your living it up in Brisbane, & have a few drinks on my behalf
You never know, you still might be out there before me the way the housing markets going at the moment, but nevertheless, theres still plenty of drinking time left when we do eventually get out there!!!!
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:51 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

Originally Posted by alison_g
Hi folks
I'll also be a billy no mates when we arrive, so would love to meet anyone!! We will be on the Sunny coast......... everyone seems to be around Brissie.. Use to live in Holland Park...........
Ali
Ali. definetly have to meet up with you in brisbane. When are you heading off out there?
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:55 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

Originally Posted by alison_g
Hi folks
Ali
Ali. P.S I don't like, but LOVE the sound of the 'drinking club!!'
Old Oct 15th 2004, 12:02 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi Elksa,
Congratulations on getting your visas - it's a fab feeling!!!
We are heading for Brisbane as soon as the house is sold (which better be soon coz we're desperate to go), so hopefully we will be there before April/May next year!!!
We have a little boy who's 2 yrs old, so he would make a great paymate for your 2 yr old.
Once I get to Brissie, I will be going on the next Brisbane Girls Drinking Club night out as well!!!
Shell
shecha, great to here from u all. Sounds Like your stuck in the same position as us. (every thing sorted, but the house!) All the best anyway, and look forward to hearing how it's all going in the near future.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I am on the gold coast in Varsity lakes. Send me a pm when you arrive.