Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Biggy's Aussie Update

Biggy's Aussie Update

Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:21 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biggy's Aussie Update

Scotland to Australia

Left Glasgow on 28th June 2004, BMI didn’t charge us for extra baggage as we had pre arranged this.

Stayed at the Travel Inn near Manchester Airport, brill big family room and a friendly pub to take the kids to for a pint or six!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checked in at Manchester Airport and what a shite hole it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although it was only 8am in the morning the Restaurant was an absolute disgrace……………… ……….plates were dirty, tables littered with used plates and rubbish. Flight was delayed for around 40 mins, which was good but the airport was mega busy and we had to hold onto the kids incase they got lost not to mention queuing 20 mins for a pee!!!!

Onto the jumbo jet, kids well impressed and well excited, and very very well behaved……..but how long will that last we asked ourselves!!!!

We were in row 34 seats D,E,F,G which was good cos we didn’t have to ask anyone to move when the kids needed the loo every 5 mins. Singapore Airlines were superb, Walt was well impressed by the trolly dollies!!! Food was good kids meals were ok but if u have fussy kiddies like me then take loads of snacks etc for them to nibble on. Movies on demand, games on demand, kids were in heaven. Managed to stay awake all the way to Singapore, all except the wee man, he fell asleep just as we were landing …….eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk was like a rubber man when we were at the airport.

Onto the smaller plane for the flight to Brissy which was a bit of a step down………….videos etc were crap, plane was smaller and i was sitting next to Mr Grumpy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And of course the wean who screeched every 30 mins !!!!!! But again the cabin crew were five star!!!!!!!!!!

Walt slept for about 2 hours in total, I managed to stay awake the whole journey, reached Brissy and we were all wide awake managed to find the hotel……….Quality Inn/Airport International Motel………family suite $149..huge room with kitchinette, just arrived in time to get dinner delivered to the room, Walt went to the bottle shop. We chilled out for a couple of hours then bed time……kids went to sleep straight away as we did………………†¦â€¦I was having a lovely sleep, only to get prodded at 4am by Walt sayin….â€?Hey Babe Guess Whatâ€?…..what I replied in a sleepy voice……..â€?We’re in Ozâ€? he replied…….I was not best pleased to say the least

Sat at the side of the pool taking in all the lovely Aussie sunshine, kids settled , we felt brill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flew up to Rockhampton at 4pm and guess what!!! We got away with the excess baggage yet again woooo hooooo

Anyways we arrived at our mates house around 7pm, got very drunk and had the best sleep ever………………â� �¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦jet lag……what jet lag….kids have been fab, we have had the odd tired moment but have settled in really well. Watch the sunrise and set every day, walk on the beach, kids been to gymnastics and are loving it!!!!!!

Got pay as you go internet access so it doesn’t go on my mates fone bill, $20 for 25 hours…………..been looking at cars and also houses, so hopefully wont be long until we get that sorted.

Anyways that’s about it for now……all we can say is that we r loving it, kids start school on Tuesday, Walt working already!!!!!!

Anyone flying from Manchester on a Tues or Thurs u will go via Zurich which doesn’t always show up on you itinerary, so watch out for this.

If you are travelling with kids I would recommend just doing the trip all in one go!!!!!! It worked for us, and now after being here for 5 days the kids have not had jet lag and have been superb!!!!!

Been shopping and everything very reasonable, and cheaper than the UK, at least in this part of Aussie.

OK have bored u enough so I will go for now, and if I think of anything else to tell I will let you all know

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for now

The Paterson Clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Biggy's Aussie Update

Wow! Sounds like you've done a lot all ready and well done getting the kids settled so soon. Let us know how you're finding the house prices, etc and also how the kids find school.

Enjoy your new life and stay happy!
CK
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

What a great post Biggy!!

Sounds like you are having a great time

We go through the same process in 6 weeks 4 days (but who's counting )

Hope it goes well for you all
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:35 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Conga rats on your safe landings. Sounds like an adventure.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point

wow..biggy..impressive post!

Well I'm too tired (p'ssed) to type much...but glad it's going well....going good here too...found a beaut house to rent today...just got to sign up for it now.

Will post again soon

Gryff xxxx
Old Jul 6th 2004, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Gryff
wow..biggy..impressive post!

Well I'm too tired (p'ssed) to type much...but glad it's going well....going good here too...found a beaut house to rent today...just got to sign up for it now.

Will post again soon

Gryff xxxx
my two favorite postee's up and running in oz, how cute, now just gotta get myself over there to join in the celebrations......now where did I put that folder????
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:02 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by biggy
Scotland to Australia

Left Glasgow on 28th June 2004, BMI didn’t charge us for extra baggage as we had pre arranged this.

Stayed at the Travel Inn near Manchester Airport, brill big family room and a friendly pub to take the kids to for a pint or six!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checked in at Manchester Airport and what a shite hole it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although it was only 8am in the morning the Restaurant was an absolute disgrace……………… ……….plates were dirty, tables littered with used plates and rubbish. Flight was delayed for around 40 mins, which was good but the airport was mega busy and we had to hold onto the kids incase they got lost not to mention queuing 20 mins for a pee!!!!

Onto the jumbo jet, kids well impressed and well excited, and very very well behaved……..but how long will that last we asked ourselves!!!!

We were in row 34 seats D,E,F,G which was good cos we didn’t have to ask anyone to move when the kids needed the loo every 5 mins. Singapore Airlines were superb, Walt was well impressed by the trolly dollies!!! Food was good kids meals were ok but if u have fussy kiddies like me then take loads of snacks etc for them to nibble on. Movies on demand, games on demand, kids were in heaven. Managed to stay awake all the way to Singapore, all except the wee man, he fell asleep just as we were landing …….eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk was like a rubber man when we were at the airport.

Onto the smaller plane for the flight to Brissy which was a bit of a step down………….videos etc were crap, plane was smaller and i was sitting next to Mr Grumpy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And of course the wean who screeched every 30 mins !!!!!! But again the cabin crew were five star!!!!!!!!!!

Walt slept for about 2 hours in total, I managed to stay awake the whole journey, reached Brissy and we were all wide awake managed to find the hotel……….Quality Inn/Airport International Motel………family suite $149..huge room with kitchinette, just arrived in time to get dinner delivered to the room, Walt went to the bottle shop. We chilled out for a couple of hours then bed time……kids went to sleep straight away as we did………………†¦â€¦I was having a lovely sleep, only to get prodded at 4am by Walt sayin….â€?Hey Babe Guess Whatâ€?…..what I replied in a sleepy voice……..â€?We’re in Ozâ€? he replied…….I was not best pleased to say the least

Sat at the side of the pool taking in all the lovely Aussie sunshine, kids settled , we felt brill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flew up to Rockhampton at 4pm and guess what!!! We got away with the excess baggage yet again woooo hooooo

Anyways we arrived at our mates house around 7pm, got very drunk and had the best sleep ever………………â� �¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦jet lag……what jet lag….kids have been fab, we have had the odd tired moment but have settled in really well. Watch the sunrise and set every day, walk on the beach, kids been to gymnastics and are loving it!!!!!!

Got pay as you go internet access so it doesn’t go on my mates fone bill, $20 for 25 hours…………..been looking at cars and also houses, so hopefully wont be long until we get that sorted.

Anyways that’s about it for now……all we can say is that we r loving it, kids start school on Tuesday, Walt working already!!!!!!

Anyone flying from Manchester on a Tues or Thurs u will go via Zurich which doesn’t always show up on you itinerary, so watch out for this.

If you are travelling with kids I would recommend just doing the trip all in one go!!!!!! It worked for us, and now after being here for 5 days the kids have not had jet lag and have been superb!!!!!

Been shopping and everything very reasonable, and cheaper than the UK, at least in this part of Aussie.

OK have bored u enough so I will go for now, and if I think of anything else to tell I will let you all know

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for now

The Paterson Clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Blimey you lot move fast,cant believe what you have got done in only 5 days.

Congrats to you all, have a great time and keep us poor sods still here updated

Kala
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:04 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hey - sounds like you're having a great time, I'm sure the wine'll have helped that Keep us upto date with whats going on wont you!!
Old Jul 6th 2004, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

terrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really nice

Wow! you guys don't hang around.

Working already, doing what?

Congrats.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

congrats on your happiness - long may it continue.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

jana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, what a fab post...
Old Jul 6th 2004, 8:34 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by biggy
I was having a lovely sleep, only to get prodded at 4am by Walt sayin….�Hey Babe Guess What�…..what I replied in a sleepy voice……..�We’re in Oz� he replied…….I was not best pleased to say the least
Hehehe Serves you right for staying awake all that time!! Glad you made it safely anyway
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:59 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Biggy,

Sent you a PM.

Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:29 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to Oz Biggy
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:38 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear it's going to plan for you Biggy.
Start how you mean to go on.
Long may it last.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.