Biggest fear

Old Feb 7th 2006, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light
Default Biggest fear

What's your biggest fear/anxiety with regards to your move?

Mine would have to be my son who will only be about a year or so old when/if we decide to go. A year ago the "if" factor wouldn't have came into it.

We're shitting bricks at the thought of taking such a huge step with him and having no support on the other end.

For the first time, i'm actually having serious thoughts about moving at all. Was thinking of Perth. I suppose all the recent negative posts haven't done much for my enthusiasm.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 6:19 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biggest fear

Originally Posted by Australia Bound
For the first time, i'm actually having serious thoughts about moving at all. Was thinking of Perth. I suppose all the recent negative posts haven't done much for my enthusiasm.
Ignore the negs, they're talking out of their arses Perth is great.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been to Australia before? I have personally never been to Perth before so I can't comment on it at all but perhaps it would be worth travelling to Australia and visiting the cities first to decide where you want to be?

May I ask why you want to move to Australia?
Old Feb 7th 2006, 6:29 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Mine would have to be my son who will only be about a year or so old when/if we decide to go. A year ago the "if" factor wouldn't have came into it.

We're shitting bricks at the thought of taking such a huge step with him and having no support on the other end.

Agree with Renth. Perth is superb. It's a great place to raise kids. Get your arse out here & find out for yourselves.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:00 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Biggest fear has got to be friggin spiders and other creepy crawlies.

Moving the other side of the world - dont care it's only geography, losing friends - hell dont care i'll make new ones, jacking the job in, wooo - i'll get another.

Facing a man eating ninja mother loving spider thats as big as my head oh pooo !

ps did i mention that they jump????
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light

We holidayed in Perth last year and loved it. Even though it pissed with rain most days.

Reasons for moving are to have healthier lifestyle for our son and for us and basically to give life a crack somewhere else.

We have a good house and security here so i guess i'm just a bit nervous about giving that up.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

We holidayed in Perth last year and loved it. Even though it pissed with rain most days.

Reasons for moving are to have healthier lifestyle for our son and for us and basically to give life a crack somewhere else.

We have a good house and security here so i guess i'm just a bit nervous about giving that up.
Taking the first step will always be the hardest, but until you try it you won't know. You can always move back to the UK if it doesn't work out. Only you can make the decision but if you loved it that much then it is probably worth giving it a shot
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:34 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

It will be the best thing you can do for your kid, to bring them up in this fantastic environment.
After dinner tonight, my 8 year old went roller blading, then just as the sun was setting... he was swimming in the Indian Ocean.
What would he have been doing 4 weeks ago when we were in the UK? Probably stuck in front of the TV (after homework) or playing with the PSP, generally bored, hibernating for months trying to keep warm.
Go for it.... what's the absolute worst thing? You just go back... but at least you gave it a try!

Neil.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with you and totally understand............believe me you ain't seen nothing yet stress wise...........wait till you start selling a house and saying cheerio to friends and family.

Having said all this.........you only live once, you are only here a short time so might as well at least try and enjoy every minute, if you don't go you'll never know, it's only money, etc etc etc..........PS we are moving for more outdoors life, hope its better for our kids, the adventure, change of scenery, get away from the cold winters..........we ain't going because we expect less chance of being mugged/raped/bullied............as per other thread.

Good luck
Old Feb 7th 2006, 12:06 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

we are off in 2 wks time with our 14mth old.

I think it is a good time in her life to go - she will be a good means for us to meet other people, we can stay several years in Australia and if it does not work out then there is no or little disruption to her education
Old Feb 7th 2006, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really nice

Hey go for it if your hearts pumping then guess what YOUR LIVING - it's worth it at the end of the day like everyone says you can always come back.

All the best.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

deanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wargod
Biggest fear has got to be friggin spiders and other creepy crawlies.

Moving the other side of the world - dont care it's only geography, losing friends - hell dont care i'll make new ones, jacking the job in, wooo - i'll get another.

Facing a man eating ninja mother loving spider thats as big as my head oh pooo !

ps did i mention that they jump????
PMPL, but very true.
But still a great place and i want to live there so please give us our visa's lol !!!!!
Old Feb 7th 2006, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

that strong maternal instinct to protect your littlen is all the 'family support' you need! We took 3 children across the world and they had a fabulous time. Both Mark and I had such strong urges to protect the kids that you go out of your way to make sure the kids are safe and secure. You push yourself just that little bit further to set yourselves up. You've all got each other, you don't need anyone else!
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

ex-GLOS will become famous soon enoughex-GLOS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by glittababe
that strong maternal instinct to protect your littlen is all the 'family support' you need! We took 3 children across the world and they had a fabulous time. Both Mark and I had such strong urges to protect the kids that you go out of your way to make sure the kids are safe and secure. You push yourself just that little bit further to set yourselves up. You've all got each other, you don't need anyone else!
We are pretty much serial ex-pats. We've taken our son to 4 different countries now - and never the one we're origianally from. The trick is get out there right away and make friends - get involved in Playgroups, Baby Gym, Swim Lessons - all that. You need to get a support network in place because you don't have your mom/sister to babysit for you and chat with. My son is now 10 and makes his own friends - it's easier for the mom when they are little and you arrange all the coffees and stuff. Plus, if your kid can't talk yet - they can't moan about missing about friends!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

jaxowen will become famous soon enoughjaxowen will become famous soon enough

well i bought two teenagers out here with us and my only regret is that i didn't do it years ago when they were young enough to really benefit from this fabulous life style.

you will very soon build up a support network - if you put yourself out there -

go for it i say better to regret the real things than regret the things you didn't do!!

jax

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.