big toad

Old Oct 23rd 2004, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road
Default big toad

i was happily reading the forum when i heard what i thought was my 4 year old sneaking up behind me. i turned round to face the biggest toad i have ever seen!!! the chaos that just followed would definatly have won us some cash on you've been framed. god knows how it got in the house!!! :scared: :scared:
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 10:26 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: big toad

Originally Posted by jinxnkay
i was happily reading the forum when i heard what i thought was my 4 year old sneaking up behind me. i turned round to face the biggest toad i have ever seen!!! the chaos that just followed would definatly have won us some cash on you've been framed. god knows how it got in the house!!! :scared: :scared:
Do you play golf? I find a 9 iron perfect for cane toads
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Wow! I'd have loved to see that!

Originally Posted by jinxnkay
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 7:41 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Wondered how big these blokes get and just did a bit of research, found this.....

You've just got to be kidding, HOW BIG??? :scared:

D D
Attached Thumbnails big toad-tdbigmama.jpg  
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 7:50 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Wondered how big these blokes get and just did a bit of research, found this.....

D D

JEEZUS! That is RANK! Id still prefer one of those to a redback though! :scared:
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 7:52 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
JEEZUS! That is RANK! Id still prefer one of those to a redback though! :scared:
Me too, although you know what we are like with spiders, well I have a friend who is frightened to death of toads and frogs. She would seriously chuck a mental at that one!!

D D
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

D D
Cane Toads are bloody monsters. They are literally the only amphibians left in many parts of Aus, as they are wiping out the indigenous species with their huge appetites, cannibalistic tadpoles and poison glands that kill most things that try and eat them. The keelback snake can apparently eat them without getting poisoned however, and kookaburras and ibises have learned to flip them over and disembowel them, thus getting a tasty toady din dins without getting poisoned.

I understand cane toad cricket is popular in some parts of Qld, using the toad as a ball, and others see how many points they can score by running over as many of them as possible whilst driving. Love 'em or hate 'em, they're hard to avoid, especially when they creep up behind you like that! And indoors mind!
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Cane Toads are bloody monsters. They are literally the only amphibians left in many parts of Aus, as they are wiping out the indigenous species with their huge appetites, cannibalistic tadpoles and poison glands that kill most things that try and eat them. The keelback snake can apparently eat them without getting poisoned however, and kookaburras and ibises have learned to flip them over and disembowel them, thus getting a tasty toady din dins without getting poisoned.

I understand cane toad cricket is popular in some parts of Qld, using the toad as a ball, and others see how many points they can score by running over as many of them as possible whilst driving. Love 'em or hate 'em, they're hard to avoid, especially when they creep up behind you like that! And indoors mind!
Yep the cane toad was imported to get rid of cane beetles, trouble is in the warm tropical climate they have bred out of control, killed so much native wildlife including the native frogs. Further north you go the bigger they get, bigger than the size of a mans hand is nothing. They are poison, teach pets they are a big no no.

Keep all screen doors closed, its all you have to do to keep snakes/toads out, we've never had any in the house, taught kids shut doors are essential not a choice put strips along bottom of any unscreened doors.
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 8:28 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

D D
oh no i hate frogs id rather have the spiders any day once at a barbecue a tiny (well compared to that monster anyway) frog hopped on my foot and with it being summer and drinking large amounts of wine id kicked my sandals off so you can imagine my calm reaction not i ran screaming round the garden the frog must of almost died of a heart attack cos it done a huge leap in the air towards my face no one else had seen the frog and and were all sitting looking very confused i still have nightmares
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 8:41 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

Originally Posted by kelli28
oh no i hate frogs id rather have the spiders any day once at a barbecue a tiny (well compared to that monster anyway) frog hopped on my foot and with it being summer and drinking large amounts of wine id kicked my sandals off so you can imagine my calm reaction not i ran screaming round the garden the frog must of almost died of a heart attack cos it done a huge leap in the air towards my face no one else had seen the frog and and were all sitting looking very confused i still have nightmares
Oo er Kelli,

Which area of Oz are you heading for?

If you are going to be moving into this area, I'm afraid you're in deep doo-doos mate! :scared:

D D
Attached Thumbnails big toad-canetoadmap.gif  
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Oo er Kelli,

Which area of Oz are you heading for?

If you are going to be moving into this area, I'm afraid you're in deep doo-doos mate! :scared:

D D
And what's more, they're spreading rapidly. So you'll be in deep doo-doos in most parts of NSW and elsewhere in years to come too......
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 10:47 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah if you see another toad again, bloody kill it since it will also kill your dog/cat/etc due to the poison in the glad.

It is a really pest in Australia and is heading for the kakadu national park, it can also kill crocodiles
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 11:12 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah if you see another toad again, bloody kill it since it will also kill your dog/cat/etc due to the poison in the glad.

It is a really pest in Australia and is heading for the kakadu national park, it can also kill crocodiles
Old Oct 24th 2004, 12:55 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
And what's more, they're spreading rapidly. So you'll be in deep doo-doos in most parts of NSW and elsewhere in years to come too......
Yep.
Just read the other day, that they're very close to the WA border now... (closer than on that picture).
I think it said maybe only a year or 2 till they're here!
Old Oct 24th 2004, 1:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Simone
Yep.
Just read the other day, that they're very close to the WA border now... (closer than on that picture).
I think it said maybe only a year or 2 till they're here!
By some miracle Cane Toads rarely enter rainforest, so there are many frog species found in this habitat in the Qld tropics that have avoided extinction as a result.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the many unique species found in the Kimberley ranges in WA. The Cane toads will probably wipe them out. And if they somehow get past the desert barrier to the far SW, they will probably wipe out the even larger number of unique and in some cases, very rare frog species found there, and God only knows what else.

And on that rather sad note, I'll go to bed......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.