A big thanks

Old Jul 9th 2004, 12:07 pm
kong

Default A big thanks

Thank you to all of those who have light heartedly "backed me up!! I am indeed only trying a show a side of Aus that does not neccessarily conform to the beach/bbqs/big ouses ideal.
I really do not wish to offend, I post the news articles to stimulate debate, about the pros and cons of Australia.

I personally did not like Aus as much as England, that is all. If prospective migrants don't want to learn about their destination country warts and all, then that is their choice. As pointed out by some, I do not insult or abuse those who disagree with me and I would not expect personal insults to be aimed at me. Sadly there have been a few posters who have done this. I find that to insult me; simply shows that they dont want to hear negatives, so they shoot the messenger, argument lost by them I say!

One last point, it seems most of the members who actually like my posts are poms in Aus. The wannabees (mostly!)seem to want my head on a plate. I believe that this speaks volumes about the dream and the day to day reality of migration.

Thanks to you all, keep the debate going, the forum has been so boring as of late!!

Cheers

Old Jul 9th 2004, 12:11 pm
Banned

Kendonakasaki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A big thanks

Originally posted by kong
Thank you to all of those who have light heartedly "backed me up!! I am indeed only trying a show a side of Aus that does not neccessarily conform to the beach/bbqs/big ouses ideal.
I really do not wish to offend, I post the news articles to stimulate debate, about the pros and cons of Australia.

I personally did not like Aus as much as England, that is all. If prospective migrants don't want to learn about their destination country warts and all, then that is their choice. As pointed out by some, I do not insult or abuse those who disagree with me and I would not expect personal insults to be aimed at me. Sadly there have been a few posters who have done this. I find that to insult me; simply shows that they dont want to hear negatives, so they shoot the messenger, argument lost by them I say!

One last point, it seems most of the members who actually like my posts are poms in Aus. The wannabees (mostly!)seem to want my head on a plate. I believe that this speaks volumes about the dream and the day to day reality of migration.

Thanks to you all, keep the debate going, the forum has been so boring as of late!!

Cheers
Nice note Kong, I can't say I've always agreed with you but I haven't bought hte tee shirt yet, your notes have helped raise a few nagging doubts in my mind though and certainly made me think before rushingheadlong into what could be hte biggest mistake of my life, cheers and good luck for the future.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 12:16 pm
maggy

I must admit Kong that when I first read your posts i was not a fan.

I now think you are very entertaining and read all your posts.

I think you are taking over this forum lol.

You have certainly caused a bit of a stir:scared:

Mags

Old Jul 9th 2004, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
I like a lot of your posts because they are truly reflective of life in Aus.. I also like the debate it sparks!

So anyway, did you see the Big Croc in Normanton??
Old Jul 9th 2004, 12:33 pm
kong

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
I like a lot of your posts because they are truly reflective of life in Aus.. I also like the debate it sparks!

So anyway, did you see the Big Croc in Normanton??
Yeah, I also saw the Purple pub, the white mans pub and the black fellas pub!! It is a rough and ready place allright. I have never seen so many drunks, people puking in bars and bull terriers roaming the dusty streets!

Old Jul 9th 2004, 12:49 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Hey Kong

You only had 8 votes against 13 that's about 40%, so well done.

You got my vote, as I said I like your crack and like you said there has def been some good entertainment on the forum lately, so, less boring.

Walla

I
Old Jul 9th 2004, 1:26 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kendonakasaki
Nice note Kong, I can't say I've always agreed with you but I haven't bought hte tee shirt yet, your notes have helped raise a few nagging doubts in my mind though and certainly made me think before rushingheadlong into what could be hte biggest mistake of my life, cheers and good luck for the future.
I think thats his aim in life

See you and your clippings soon Kong
Old Jul 9th 2004, 1:27 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Originally posted by walla1
Hey Kong

You only had 8 votes against 13 that's about 40%, so well done.

You got my vote, as I said I like your crack and like you said there has def been some good entertainment on the forum lately, so, less boring.

Walla

I
Entertainment!!!

This fool is about as entertaining as a one armed man juggling while blindfolded.

He is a troll, pure and simple.

Remember Daz I knew you before Kong was born and know you for what you are, a nasty piece of work who got himself the nickname Razor because that is the object most members of this forum would like to see you shipwrecked in Aussie with.

What were your other names here, We know about MickJ and Silvershadow, what about your others, come on, come clean?
Old Jul 9th 2004, 1:31 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by mutant
Entertainment!!!

This fool is about as entertaining as a one armed man juggling while blindfolded.

Remember Daz I knew you before Kong was born and know you for what you are, a nasty piece of work who got himself the nickname Razor because that is the object most members of this forum would like to see you shipwrecked in Aussie with.

What were your other names here, We know about MickJ and Silvershadow, what about your others, come on, come clean?

LOL, with people changing names & coming back on the forum this sounds a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 1:47 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Originally posted by Bordy
LOL, with people changing names & coming back on the forum this sounds a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.
You are a newbie and know nothing of Razor or the history here, let's agree to disagree?
Old Jul 9th 2004, 1:50 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

You are a newbie and know nothing of Razor or the history here, let's agree to disagree?
Billy, give it a rest. You are both back with new names, time to move on I think rather than constantly rehashing the past
Old Jul 9th 2004, 2:03 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

I post the news articles to stimulate debate, about the pros and cons of Australia.

Not seen you post too much in the "pro" category kong.

Ok, at first I hought your posts were condecending and patronising. There was an air of "this is what oz is like" instead of it being clear that it was your opinion. You made anyone who liked Oz feel as though they were pathetic dreamers who had no idea about real life. We do, and we know that Oz is no Utopia, but we like a lot about it. (Personally, after 35 years in Bradford I reckon i've seen plenty of the good and bad, and definately know about real life)

I like a lot about both Oz and the UK, but for every crappy thing you paste about Oz I can recount real life experiences of negatives in the UK. However if I did, I'd also be able to temper it with real life expriences of the UK that make you glad to be alive.

What I'm saying is that you can be frustrating because its ALL so negative from you. When someone disagrees with you, you complain that we're being unfair and you're only posting an alternative view. But what you do is critisize anyone with a different view to you and roll out the old "rose tinted specs" bollocks.

Anyway, despite all this I have noticed a slight mellowing in your attitude, and I think it would be good if you stick around. post your opinions if you're doing it for the right reasons, and try not to patronize.

One thing i'm not happy about however is that you've just made me post my longest message on here. I try not to get too involved you git!

You're definately NOT mickj though. You're ok, he was pathetic.

Just try cheer up eh, and post something mildly positive eh mate.

Cheers

Old Jul 9th 2004, 2:32 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Thats me told I guess.

I agree with M&C, sooner you move on & stop the vendetta against each other the better. Kong loves his Home Counties & your looking forward to moving to Aus, so be it.

Would be better forgetting this troll hunting thing & help some of those just applying for what your lucky enough to have got.

Just my opinion.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 4:39 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Entertainment!!!

Yeah he is entertaining, I think some would disagree, some agree. Obviously you two have had your diferrences in the past under other aliases.

I'm a newbie to so don't know the history, suffice to say or ask: why do people mutate (no pun intended) themselves into new names on this forum? Why can't people be who they are? Is it because people are banned or something else?

Not trying to be a smart arse here, as I say I'm just curious.

Walla
Old Jul 9th 2004, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by walla1
Yeah he is entertaining, I think some would disagree, some agree. Obviously you two have had your diferrences in the past under other aliases.

I'm a newbie to so don't know the history, suffice to say or ask: why do people mutate (no pun intended) themselves into new names on this forum? Why can't people be who they are? Is it because people are banned or something else?

Not trying to be a smart arse here, as I say I'm just curious.

Walla
Some people like Mutant a.k.a.WBB come back with a different name because they have been banned. I think others come back so they can give the same old opinions without people getting wise to it. Either way it's fun trying to guess who is who.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.