Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Big Day Out - Teenage ID ..Help!

Big Day Out - Teenage ID ..Help!

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Gym Junkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Big Day Out - Teenage ID ..Help!

Our teenage son (17 years old) is going to the Big Day Out on the Gold Coast in January and has found out that he needs to take a form of ID with him. Has anyone any ideas what ID a teenager can get hold of here? The only thing he has is his passport but that doesn't have his address on. He hasn't got his driving licence yet and his TFN confirmation has our previous address. No school ID either as he doesn't start school til the day after Big Day Out. Any ideas??? Also, is anyone else going to this gig that might like to meet up with him on the day?

Thanks
Jane x
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Day Out - Teenage ID ..Help!

hi jane
my 17 yr old daughter is going to big day out,i wasnt aware of having to take id though,all she has is a passport we ll try to find out to

tracey
Originally Posted by Gym Junkie
Our teenage son (17 years old) is going to the Big Day Ot on the Gold Coast in January and has found out that he needs to take a form of ID with him. Has anyone any ideas what ID a teenager can get hold of here? The only thing he has is his passport but that doesn't have his address on. He hasn't got his driving licence yet and his TFN confirmation has our previous address. No school ID either as he doesn't start school til the day after Big Day Out. Any ideas??? Also, is anyone else going to this gig that might like to meet up with him on the day?

Thanks
Jane x
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 11:12 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Mt teenage kids would be interested in go to this if/when we get out there later this year, but WHAT IS IT?
Julie. x
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Mt teenage kids would be interested in go to this if/when we get out there later this year, but WHAT IS IT?
Julie. x

Have a look here.

http://www.bigdayout.com/news/pressreleases.php
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 2:04 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Thanks Wendy. Tried to send K but won't let me
Julie. x
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Thanks Wendy. Tried to send K but won't let me
Julie. x
No problem
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

you should only need ID for BDO if you are over 18 and planning to drink.... otherwise it's just your ticket you need. from what i remember last year they are v tight about underagers drinking.

there is NOWHERE to leave bags etc so only take what you can carry. you're allowed to take a unopened/sealed bottle of water in with you - they WILL check the seal! all you should need is water, cash, sunblock, your mob (rememebr to charge it!) and a camera if you want pics. just take a wee disposable camera as when jostling about in the crowds a decent camera may get broken!!!

wear comfy shoes and have comfy clothes on.

take a long sleeved tshirt if you can cos it's useful to keep out the sun and but 7/8pm you'll cool down a bit and need it

if you're gonna buy any merchandise (and you should!!!) then get one of the tshirts. (if i's made by love police read the label - quite amusing).

Big Day Out is amazing!!!! was the highlight of my trip last year, went with my wee cousin (who's 19) and had a total blast - cracking day!!

i'm more than willing to take peoples kids with me....... ut i've not got a ticket and their all sold out... if anyone comes across a spare ticket I'll take it!!!!!!! just drop me a PM!
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Gym Junkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YoSemite
you should only need ID for BDO if you are over 18 and planning to drink.... otherwise it's just your ticket you need. from what i remember last year they are v tight about underagers drinking.

there is NOWHERE to leave bags etc so only take what you can carry. you're allowed to take a unopened/sealed bottle of water in with you - they WILL check the seal! all you should need is water, cash, sunblock, your mob (rememebr to charge it!) and a camera if you want pics. just take a wee disposable camera as when jostling about in the crowds a decent camera may get broken!!!

wear comfy shoes and have comfy clothes on.

take a long sleeved tshirt if you can cos it's useful to keep out the sun and but 7/8pm you'll cool down a bit and need it

if you're gonna buy any merchandise (and you should!!!) then get one of the tshirts. (if i's made by love police read the label - quite amusing).

Big Day Out is amazing!!!! was the highlight of my trip last year, went with my wee cousin (who's 19) and had a total blast - cracking day!!

i'm more than willing to take peoples kids with me....... ut i've not got a ticket and their all sold out... if anyone comes across a spare ticket I'll take it!!!!!!! just drop me a PM!
Thanks for the info...i'll pass it on to him. Sounds like it'll be a brilliant day! If he hears of any spare tickets i'll PM you. Have you tried ebay? I haven't looked but they might have some, but i expect you'll have to pay loads tho

Jane x
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:09 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, there is loads of tickets on E-bay - going for around $150. Try searching nearer the day for local tickets (i.e - tick the with in 50 K box) - they will be cheaper as less people will bid nearer the time in case they don't arrive in time in the post. (Make sure you PM the seller to ask if yu can pick ticket up off them the day before and offer C.O.D) E-bay is my bag "baby"!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

if i get really desperate i'm just gonna hand around at the gates looking for a ticket.

have a ticket for melbourne BDO that my cousins gf will take off my hands if i don't make it.... will only be flying down if i've got somewhere to live by then!