Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Big Company But No Reply

Big Company But No Reply

Old Apr 3rd 2006, 6:15 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Big Company But No Reply

Hi,

What are your personal experiences regarding interviews and successful gaining an employment.In my case I am an IT professional with 5 years of exprience.I got an interview call from consultant of a famous multinational recruitment company in sydney he liked my CV/Resume and forwarded it for a position.I have been told that the first interview will be telephonic with Consulting Architect and after that the (if successfull) face-to-face meeting will take place in sydney.

The interview went fine, for an hour and after that the Consulting Architect invited me for face-to-face interview.The date and venue was not confirmed at that time.Now I am constantly calling the recruitment company since last one month and no updates!!!!!

Please comment and suggest?

Thanks,
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Company But No Reply

so who are this multinational then? and more importantly, who are the agency?

what do you do and do you wanna work for my company? (a smaller multinational IT company)

We're nice, really, pay's good and we do a lot of iterative development work - much more fun and gets good results.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 7:48 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenandPam
s
what do you do and do you wanna work for my company?

When do I start
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Hi,

What are your personal experiences regarding interviews and successful gaining an employment.In my case I am an IT professional with 5 years of exprience.I got an interview call from consultant of a famous multinational recruitment company in sydney he liked my CV/Resume and forwarded it for a position.I have been told that the first interview will be telephonic with Consulting Architect and after that the (if successfull) face-to-face meeting will take place in sydney.

The interview went fine, for an hour and after that the Consulting Architect invited me for face-to-face interview.The date and venue was not confirmed at that time.Now I am constantly calling the recruitment company since last one month and no updates!!!!!

Please comment and suggest?

Thanks,
Ian's experiences with the company that have brought us over here were pretty much the same. The recruitment agency were pretty useless and things just seemed to drag on and go nowhere. We got here in the end but not without me organising Ian's video conferencing as they couldn't find anywhere in Belgium( obviously had no access to the internet as it only took 5 mins searching to find 10 places!). We got here eventually but it was soooo frustrating as there were so many different departments involved and the biggest delay seemed to be while they were deciding on the exact package that they wanted to offer. Ian is now goign through the same dance as they now want him to move to another job and it is no quicker now that he is working there .
Do the agency have any reason why it is taking so long it could be that different people have to be in the building at the same time for an interview and maybe one of them is off and this is confusing the person doing the planning. I would keep making a nuisence of yourself with the agency and ask for some specific answers, don't ask if there is any news ask exactly what is holding things up. Do you have a contact for the company if the agency are so useless?
The larger the company the more beaurocracy (SP?) that is involved and the longer that everything takes.
Good luck
Nicky
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 8:12 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

smurtaza - This sounds all too familiar.
Best of luck to you, I am sure it will work out. Who is the agency pray tell?
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

;
Originally Posted by BenandPam
so who are this multinational then? and more importantly, who are the agency?

what do you do and do you wanna work for my company? (a smaller multinational IT company)

We're nice, really, pay's good and we do a lot of iterative development work - much more fun and gets good results.

NO! come and register with our company it is much nicer:0

And I will give you secial treatment