The big 'C' ???

Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ding Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really nice
Default The big 'C' ???

I did ask this question before under a different thread, so i apologize if you've already read it but i would like a little more reassurance if it can be given.
4 years ago i finished High dose chemotherapy for lymphoma. I'm in good health now and feel great but i'm worried if having had Cancer, will it cause me to fail my medical? I would like to know if any of you expats have had the big 'C' before you went. I don't need details, i'm just looking for reassurance as i don't want to start paying for agents and TRA's, if i'm going to fail my medical. I will appreciate any feed back.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all
Default Re: The big 'C' ???

Originally Posted by Ding Dong
I did ask this question before under a different thread, so i apologize if you've already read it but i would like a little more reassurance if it can be given.
4 years ago i finished High dose chemotherapy for lymphoma. I'm in good health now and feel great but i'm worried if having had Cancer, will it cause me to fail my medical? I would like to know if any of you expats have had the big 'C' before you went. I don't need details, i'm just looking for reassurance as i don't want to start paying for agents and TRA's, if i'm going to fail my medical. I will appreciate any feed back.
Hi Ding Dong!

I 'think' from other treads that youhave to be 2 years 'clear' in order to pass the meds for immigration - not too sure. There was a thread on here to do with Breast Cancer and from what I can remember, the lady got her Visas!

I hope this helps - try to use the search icon at the top of the screen and see what it comes up with

Angie
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Don't know all the in's & out's but my BIL had non hodgkins, got treated, cured and then went to Oz got citizenship...........then came home (nothing to do with Ca)!

My mum's friend had ovarian cancer, got cured and then went to Oz on a retirement type visa - she's still there.

So I guess that means if you've got the all clear for long enough you won't fail the meds. Probably a two year + min wait in remission?

Best of luck
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Ding Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really nice

Thanks Nev & Angie. I'll do that
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nev_n_angie
Hi Ding Dong!

I 'think' from other treads that youhave to be 2 years 'clear' in order to pass the meds for immigration - not too sure. There was a thread on here to do with Breast Cancer and from what I can remember, the lady got her Visas!

I hope this helps - try to use the search icon at the top of the screen and see what it comes up with

Angie
Hiya - found this...

[quote=JAJ;4554140]In fact the general "rule of thumb" with cancer is a 3 year clear period. However every case is different and professional assitance is essential in all cases of this type. Try Peter Bollard in Sydney: http://users.bigpond.net.au/onk/

and...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443152&highlight=cancer

Hope this helps - Good luck!

Angie
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

And i thank you too Daisylilymum
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future

Hi
I had the exact same worries as you. I went through treatment for cancer, agressive chemo etc, and did wonder if visa application was going to be a non starter!!
I needn't have worried however.
Medicals were absolutely fine, got a letter from my consultant and panel doctor said basically ... you are fit and well now and consultant gave positive report so no problems.
I did the visa application myself, didn't use an agent, despite having worries about medical etc.
I'm sure everything will be fine, as I say I worried so much beforehand and it turned out to be over nothing.
Alison
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pata
Hi
I had the exact same worries as you. I went through treatment for cancer, agressive chemo etc, and did wonder if visa application was going to be a non starter!!
I needn't have worried however.
Medicals were absolutely fine, got a letter from my consultant and panel doctor said basically ... you are fit and well now and consultant gave positive report so no problems.
I did the visa application myself, didn't use an agent, despite having worries about medical etc.
I'm sure everything will be fine, as I say I worried so much beforehand and it turned out to be over nothing.
Alison
Thanks Alison, That does make me feel better. much appreciated.