Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Better quality of Aussie life in Queensland ?

Better quality of Aussie life in Queensland ?

Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Cool Re: Better quality of Aussie life in Queensland ?

Originally Posted by Rooksie
it was for Bixie - i have been bending his hairy ears for weeks now!!!!

defo queensland for us - fabbie thread - thanks!!

Good on Ya ! The joys of Expats ! Hope things are great for you when you get out here ! (Then you can start posting UR rose tinted threads too ! )
All the best ,
Tass.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Better quality of Aussie life in Queensland ?

Originally Posted by Bix
A loss to WA but a gain for Queensland

It's a bloody big place though so are you going to enlighten us on where the donkeys tail ended up ?
the donkeys got a few tails mate so gonna check em all out!!!!! suppose its all down to jobs at the end of the day as well, followed by schools & housing i think we will just *know* when we get there - hopefully!?!?!?!
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:27 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Probably our spare bedrooms for the first few weeks, Bixie!!!
Have I missed a thread somewhere ?
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Just go with the flow mate and all will be well
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:42 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, back to being a cool cat then
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
didnt you know mate - oh yeah its all been arranged - all 13 of us!!!!
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tass
Good on Ya ! The joys of Expats ! Hope things are great for you when you get out here ! (Then you can start posting UR rose tinted threads too ! )
All the best ,
Tass.

cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:54 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

didnt you know mate - oh yeah its all been arranged - all 13 of us!!!!
Ooooooh.....I'm feeling unwell.......for a moment I thought you said 13.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
Ooooooh.....I'm feeling unwell.......for a moment I thought you said 13.

been a bit heavy handed with the talc there matey!! you look like joan collins!! :scared:
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

been a bit heavy handed with the talc there matey!! you look like joan collins!! :scared:
PMSL
Old Aug 27th 2005, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Roofman is a jewel in the roughRoofman is a jewel in the roughRoofman is a jewel in the roughRoofman is a jewel in the rough

After 1 year how are you finding things?

I'm worried how it will feel leaving family as we are all close, but I'm hoping that they will all follow. The main reason I want to take my kids out of UK is because of the way kids are nowadays on the streets. You are never far away from these kids at school or at the park or in the town centres and I just think its going to get worse. Do they have this kind of problem in QLD?(Chavs + Louts) Glad to see you seem to be enjoying it though!!

Is there a big problem with spiders mozzys and humidity?

These are the only things which we have doubts about(or at least the mrs does!)
Old Aug 27th 2005, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Roofman
After 1 year how are you finding things?

I'm worried how it will feel leaving family as we are all close, but I'm hoping that they will all follow. The main reason I want to take my kids out of UK is because of the way kids are nowadays on the streets. You are never far away from these kids at school or at the park or in the town centres and I just think its going to get worse. Do they have this kind of problem in QLD?(Chavs + Louts) Glad to see you seem to be enjoying it though!!

Is there a big problem with spiders mozzys and humidity?

These are the only things which we have doubts about(or at least the mrs does!)

you know, we live in torquay and on thursday last week myself and some friends took our kids to Woodlands Leisure Park in Devon:

http://www.woodlands-leisure-park.co.uk/frameset.htm

the kids (all 14 of them :scared: :scared: ranged from 1yr to 10yrs) had a great time UNTIL a gang of teenagers punched my friends son in the face - he is 10 - and then got him to the ground and they kicked him in the ribs several times. His face was all bruised and he was terribly upset. Gets worse, we then moved to a different area but had to take the kids away and couldnt let them play on anything because of gangs of teenagers completely taking over the park. We left. FFS.

J - pis*sed off parent.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 5:46 am
Badge

Each to their own - some love Melbourne - I couldn't live there. I can appreciate it as a city and also the surrounding areas and would love to visit again but it didn't feel 'right' for me. Some like Perth - to me it's too isolated, in terms of being away from the rest of Aus, many HUNDREDS on here will disagree (and quite rightly so - 'cos they love it there).
Have to admit after 10 months of NSW and QLD I visited Melly - the CBD - and it was 40 degrees. I was wow!!

The next day it was crap - and so was the next day or so. I hated it - never really wanted to go back, I assumed that all the suburbs would be grey. I returned almost 2 years later - went to some beautiful suburbs in the SE and instantly changed my mind. And - like a good wine, Melly improves with age. Apart from moving to buy more land ie acreage - elsewhere, and a distinct lifestyle change, I would now live nowhere else! lol.

Badge

Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:18 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
I think what Brian is saying is that if you couldnt afford a loan on a decent house in Sydney for you to live in (say $500K upwards, either the repayments or cant save the deposit), then perhaps you could afford a loan on a much cheaper investment property eg $200K for a unit. Remember that the IP doesnt have to be in Sydney, plenty of places you can get decent units or townhouses for around the $200K mark.

The only thing to bear in mind is that the way the market seems to be turning, there is no guarantee that an investment property will make any capital gains in the short term.

(PS. I dont know your situation with regard to deposit/jobs/ability to service th eloan, Im just explaining what Brian meant )

Spot on, plus there is also the income from the rent.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the great post, this has been really useful for me.

Does anybody know if we are more likely to find difficulty getting office jobs (Makreting & HR) in Brissie than we would in Sydney?