Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

better life in the uk

better life in the uk

Old Feb 8th 2004, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Arron
So it's Ok to let illegals come over and mow our children down and get away with it, but don't make jokes about the ba***rds drowning themselves. Oh please.
You wouldn't be tarring them all with the same brush would you Arron - ie. one person ran over a child, so all immigrants are Ba$tards?

Plus, having some money behind you, makes you so much more superior to those immigrants? Of course, you'd never flee a repressive regime in search of a better life in another country?
Old Feb 8th 2004, 8:23 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
They were a mixture of assylum seekers and illegals working with false papers. I wonder how much money the workers would have got to keep and how much the snake heads rake off.
according to press reports they were earning a pound for a 9 hour day the rest was to pay back there smugglers for getting them to blighty!! thanks
Old Feb 8th 2004, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

When i read things like this, i automatically think... i wonder if the writer of these comments would find it quite so funny if it were their mother/daughter who had suffered and died.

I find a lot of things funny, but i just cant laugh at death as i've seen a fair bit of it over the years. Yes, the comments are clever plays on words, but not funny.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 9:34 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
When i read things like this, i automatically think... i wonder if the writer of these comments would find it quite so funny if it were their mother/daughter who had suffered and died.

I find a lot of things funny, but i just cant laugh at death as i've seen a fair bit of it over the years. Yes, the comments are clever plays on words, but not funny.
I'm with you on this one PP.

G
Old Feb 8th 2004, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

We live in morecambe and it's been a pretty strange week.
The same thing happened last year ( tho not as many died ).

There is a lot of money in the cockle market and this bay has a ton of 'em.Cocklers come from all over the north west, then, not knowing the dangers of the sands and tide find themselves stranded on a bank with a fast rising tide in the middle of a freezing february night.Not a very pleasant way to go.

Our perspective on this is that, because this happened last year, adequate steps have not been taken by the local council.There are no vetting procedures in place and the cocklers are pretty much free to come and go as they please.

The fact they were illegal immigrants is irrellevant as they were quite simply ill-informed, as are most of the cocklers.now the issue revolves around WHO brought them here in the first place and made them work in the bay, for surely it is they that should be held accountable.

Paul
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:46 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Well said Paul, some Sh*theads out there are getting very rich on these poor sods, the same as the load that suffocated in the back of a lorry, These people are only doing what everyone on this forum is doing Trying to better their lives.
Dont blame them for wanting more for their themselves and thier kids, It's the Smugglers who are to be held accountable.

Wait till 1st May......then the barriers come down will this make a diffrence?
Old Feb 8th 2004, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it is an asolute disgrace to make fun of the deaths of so many on a forum like this. Many of us are or want to be immigrants. Are we looking for a better life? Yes we do, would we wanted to be treated like those poor souls for a £1/day? I don't think so.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 2:49 pm
WBB

Originally posted by simbacat
I think it is an asolute disgrace to make fun of the deaths of so many on a forum like this. Many of us are or want to be immigrants. Are we looking for a better life? Yes we do, would we wanted to be treated like those poor souls for a £1/day? I don't think so.
which is exactly why we are all going about it in the correct manner and not sneaking in through the chunnel or skulking in the back of a lorry.

they were here illegally and if they had not been here they would not of died.

Old Feb 8th 2004, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Arron
So it's Ok to let illegals come over and mow our children down and get away with it, but don't make jokes about the ba***rds drowning themselves. Oh please.
Oh please yourself!!! I haven't read so much nonsens for a long time. Do you ever think before you write? I think you find there are a lot of British people who mow children over and they walk.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by WBB
which is exactly why we are all going about it in the correct manner and not sneaking in through the chunnel or skulking in the back of a lorry.

they were here illegally and if they had not been here they would not of died.
Some of them were here legally. Oh no they wouldn't have died, they just might have been killed by the dictators of China. Would you give that advise to anybody? I think noone would die if they were not in the place where it happens!!!
Old Feb 8th 2004, 2:58 pm
WBB

Some of them were here legally. Oh no they wouldn't have died, they just might have been killed by the dictators of China. Would you give that advise to anybody? I think noone would die if they were not in the place where it happens!!!
how many countries are there between china and the UK? they decided to pass through every single one of them and turn up here, why? because they know our goverment is a soft touch.

one of the main reasons i am leaving the UK is because of the amount of illegals arriving here.

Old Feb 8th 2004, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by WBB
how many countries are there between china and the UK? they decided to pass through every single one of them and turn up here, why? because they know our goverment is a soft touch.

one of the main reasons i am leaving the UK is because of the amount of illegals arriving here.
To become what????? A foreigner, an immigrant????? I hope they welcome you down under the same as you welcome foreigners to the UK? How do you know they are legal or illegal, can you see it in their face?
Old Feb 8th 2004, 3:07 pm
WBB

To become what????? A foreigner, an immigrant????? I hope they welcome you down under the same as you welcome foreigners to the UK? How do you know they are legal or illegal, can you see it in their face?
dont try twisting things now, read what i wrote before you reply.

Old Feb 8th 2004, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by WBB
dont try twisting things now, read what i wrote before you reply.
I read your reply and I don't twist things. I take it you local Chinese restaurant is welcome but the cockle pickers ain't? How would you know the difference?
Old Feb 8th 2004, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

I think billy's point is that the uk is seen as a soft touch all over the world, whichever country they depart from their intended new home is the uk.

If they truly feared for their lives then why not live in france or any other country other than their own for that matter.

The other point being, those on here are looking to leave this country and live a better life in a foreign environment(except of course those that already have) through legitimate means.

I have no problem whatsoever with immigrants in the uk.Those that flee their country for whatever reason and make a genuine attempt at building a future for themselves are more than welcome.My problem is the ILLEGAL immigrants that arrive with their hands out and the only english they know is " benefit " and the initials " dhss ".

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.