Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best and worst banking experiences

Best and worst banking experiences

Old Aug 5th 2003, 11:22 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best and worst banking experiences

I know theres stuff in the archives but it'd be nice to get upto date feedback. Could people who've made the jump to Oz let us know which banks they have setup with and whether the service has been good or bad

Cheers

Old Aug 5th 2003, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best and worst banking experiences

Current topic on the Immigration part of this forum at:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=170375

has HSBC as the best.

Cheers
Wolfen

Originally posted by HUP
I know theres stuff in the archives but it'd be nice to get upto date feedback. Could people who've made the jump to Oz let us know which banks they have setup with and whether the service has been good or bad

Cheers

Old Aug 5th 2003, 11:33 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best and worst banking experiences

Originally posted by Wolfen
Current topic on the Immigration part of this forum at:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=170375

Whoops I think I fell victim to apathy on actually looking at recent postings, so much so that I missed some of the interesting ones. I will have to look harder

Cheers
Old Aug 5th 2003, 11:47 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

We have an account with westpac at the moment, but only because my wifes always used them. Would'nt realyl recommend, due to high fees. Meant to be pretty good for a mortgage tho.

When we arrive we will be setting up an hsbc account, as we like internet/phone banking more than going into a branch. HSBC has only 3 or 4 branches oz wide.....

Commonwealth goes through a lot of stick, but its still the biggest and best represented in oz...branches everywhere. Fees can be high so be careful when choosing the account type you want to open. I had a commonwealth a/c when i travelled oz and found the service to be fine.

Cheers

Pete.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 11:42 pm
Carol in Oz

Originally posted by PeteY
We have an account with westpac at the moment, but only because my wifes always used them. Would'nt realyl recommend, due to high fees. Meant to be pretty good for a mortgage tho.

When we arrive we will be setting up an hsbc account, as we like internet/phone banking more than going into a branch. HSBC has only 3 or 4 branches oz wide.....

Commonwealth goes through a lot of stick, but its still the biggest and best represented in oz...branches everywhere. Fees can be high so be careful when choosing the account type you want to open. I had a commonwealth a/c when i travelled oz and found the service to be fine.

Cheers

Pete.

True to say the CBA are all over Oz and well known.

Had account with the Commonwealth for 30 years up until they went public. After that I found the service went down hill and it was all about making money for the shareholder. Teller staff cut to the minimum, queues out the door and fees to the ceiling. Now with a credit union.
Carol