Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Way To Send Tra

Best Way To Send Tra

Old Oct 23rd 2005, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

scorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to all
Question Best Way To Send Tra

What The Best Way To Send The Tra Almost Ready To Post Now.

Do I Send It By Courier Or By Recorded Delivery

Cheers For Any Replies

Mel
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 11:31 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Way To Send Tra

defo by courier use interparcel they are a subsidury of dhl but cheaper
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 11:36 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Send it by courier, our first TRA went by normal post and went missing and we didn't know for 5 weeks, we were gutted when we found out and then we had to get a second application ready and send it all again, by courier. So we had a 5 week delay and when our second one went in we passed in 5 weeks, but we felt afterwards that we had our bad luck at the beginning of the process !!
Send it by courier for peace of mind, you can track it all the way, with royal mail you can only track it to the place it leaves the UK.
Good luck
Carole
Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

scorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to all

thanks robos

good luck noticed you have just sent off your tra also.

thanks carole
well done hope everything goes smoothly with your next stage of getting there.
mel
Old Oct 24th 2005, 5:38 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Best Way To Send Tra

Originally Posted by scorpiogray
thanks robos

good luck noticed you have just sent off your tra also.

thanks carole
well done hope everything goes smoothly with your next stage of getting there.
mel
Use Interparcel as they use DHL but are about £20 less. We have used them and had no problem at all and you can track it all the way.

Anyways, good luck with the app!

R.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 6:17 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers For Any Replies

Mel
Hi Mel,

We sent it by DHL. Had it picked up from my workplace on a Monday - able to track it on internet - arrived with agent by the Thursday.

I paid for the peace of mind! A lot of blood, sweat n tears (and a lot of cider consumed) goes into "producing" the TRA..

that's our view anyhow.

Good luck,

L-j
Old Oct 24th 2005, 6:25 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
Hi Mel,

We sent it by DHL. Had it picked up from my workplace on a Monday - able to track it on internet - arrived with agent by the Thursday.

I paid for the peace of mind! A lot of blood, sweat n tears (and a lot of cider consumed) goes into "producing" the TRA..

that's our view anyhow.

Good luck,

L-j
I bet you've just read my Timeline ..and thought "what a liar"!

Sorry - i got mixed up! (it is early)

I sent my MAIN APPLICATION by DHL!

Our TRA - thats a different story!!!!

Because of said blood, sweat,tears,alcohol consumption - we decided to hand deliver - Yes guys...you read correct...HAND-DELIVER to Oz.

So we jumped on a plane, with TRA in hand luggage. (after being delayed at Heathrow because of the industrial action by Gate Gourmet) (did u c me on news at 10????)
arrived in Sydney. Went to a Post Office and posted using there registered service, to our agent in the Gold Coast.

So TRA took 7 days from us leaving Manchester to arriving at destination!
Main Application took 4 days by DHL from Manchester to destination.

Moral of story, don't bother Hand deliverin! cost a mint!!!!!! :scared:

Hope that helps, L-j
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:40 am
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers For Any Replies

Mel
I sent ours by post. Overseas signed for. It got there fine, had ack 8 days later in post. Do what you feel will give you the least worries x

Vics xx