Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Way To Send 47sk

Wikiposts

Best Way To Send 47sk

Old Feb 17th 2006, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice
Default Best Way To Send 47sk

hI,

We are hopefully sending off our 47sk application Monday/Tuesday of next week and want to know the best way to do this. I've read some people have used couriers but what about the best way by over the post office counter? Any ideas?
Old Feb 17th 2006, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Way To Send 47sk

Originally Posted by kozzae
hI,

We are hopefully sending off our 47sk application Monday/Tuesday of next week and want to know the best way to do this. I've read some people have used couriers but what about the best way by over the post office counter? Any ideas?

We sent ours via royal mail. I just asked for the safest, fastest way. Cost us £4.20.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 12:22 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

hI,

General consensus is that Royal Mail are Crap . Given the amount of time you spent putting that document together it is worth DHLing it at about 45quid. There is a thread on here somewhere for a company that uses DHL but discounts it so tis like 25quid or something.

Differene is this : If royal mail lose your package - its really really lost forever they wont give two hoots. In fact - onceit leaves UK they have zero idea where it is.

IF DHL Lose your package they will find it - they take lost things incredibly seriously. Logging onto DHL Website and watching your package go to france ,amsterdam, new york, los angeles, sydney - in 48hrs - is part of the fun. I think I saw a post on here where DHL offered someone 200 quid because they thought that would cover cost of replacing hte documetns - then they found the original package . Great service
Old Feb 17th 2006, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

Personally I've send sheds load of stuff via Royal Mail International Signed For and NEVER had a problem. Its alot cheaper than DHL and if required you can enhance the insurance. Usually stuff gets delivered in 4-5 days.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Best Way To Send 47sk

Hi

We used www.interparcel.com
They use DHL but are half the price!

Good luck

AnitaB
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:05 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

In an envelope??
Old Feb 17th 2006, 6:35 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Use interparcel as already suggested earlier.They are very good,your able to track all the way over,which I think you can't do with the Royal mail(??).
I've used them twice and they were spot on,arrived on time to pick parcel up,great service.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 6:37 am
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

hI,

I definately use a courier. we've had too much mail going missing with the post office to even consider them for something as important as this.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

We have used "ROYAL MAIL INTERNATIONAL SIGNED FOR" costs less than a fiver and you can track and trace it on their website. Never had any problems

Lisa
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

Yep.. Interparcel every time...Trackable to
We used Royal Mail once and it was soooo slow
Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:36 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SBUK
Yep.. Interparcel every time...Trackable to
We used Royal Mail once and it was soooo slow

If you search all the threads on this - you will find lots of examples of people having their royal mail international signed for being lost. Royal mail totally absolve themselves of any responsibility onceit leaves the UK.

There was only 1 thread ever that I recall where DHL had mislaid a document, and they found it 4 days later. Read the threads where Royal Mail tell people that they cannot search , wont search for 30 days, and all they do when they do search is ask the other post company - thereis NO tracking once it leaves UK. (As far as royal mail has told other people on this forum).

Given the stress involved in sending this stuff and then having to wait for dimia to be assed to send you an acknowledgement about 3 mths later - I would want to see a formal acknowledgement that it had arrived - as far as I know only DHL/Fedex/Couriers will give you that Royal Mail (as far as people on here have said) - wont.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 1:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
If you search all the threads on this - you will find lots of examples of people having their royal mail international signed for being lost. Royal mail totally absolve themselves of any responsibility onceit leaves the UK.

And if you need to prove it was delivered at ASPC, courier is the only way.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

sent ours weeks last wednesday arrived at the DIMIA monday this week 4.5 working days DHL tracked it all the way £25.00 + £10.00 insurance via interparcel A1 Service

Royal mail lost my 1st skills assessment second one took 8 weeks to arrive would not use them again