Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how long did it take?

View Poll Results: how long did it take for DIMIA to grant your visa?
Less than 3 months
12.12%
3-6 months
21.21%
6-12 months
27.27%
12-18 months
18.18%
18-24 months
15.15%
more than 2 years
6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

how long did it take?

Old Feb 17th 2006, 7:36 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of
Default how long did it take?

I know a lot of people are asking how long it takes for DIMIA to grant visas, so here we have it, a poll to try and find out how long it takes. so please feel free to take a vote the more the merrier and more accurate.
if you could also let us still waiting your views/experiences of the process weather they be stressful, funny, happy or sad. look forward to hearing from you all sparks.

Last edited by sparks124; Feb 17th 2006 at 7:44 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long did it take?

Originally Posted by sparks124
I know a lot of people are asking how long it takes for DIMIA to grant visas, so here we have it, a poll to try and find out how long it takes. so please feel free to take a vote the more the merrier and more accurate.
if you could also let us still waiting your own experiences of the process weather they be stressful, funny, happy or sad. look forward to hearing from you all sparks.

Well the Hubby is the sparky, but he doesn't post on here (probably a good job )

Anyhow, it took us 17 months from start to finish, most of that was taken up with the TRA though - 3 months to compile and 12 weeks for the OK from them.

We had our visa granted on the 4th Jan and will be moving in around 8 weeks time.

It's been a long, hard road - thank god the waitings nearly finished

Good Luck x
Old Feb 17th 2006, 7:50 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

About three weeks in all, but two of that was filling in forms, getting stat decs and the like. Dimia processed it in five days flat. There's not much to argue about when it comes to spouse visas.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:07 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

10 months total from start of gathering TRA info feels like 10 years though!!

kris xx
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

6 months and 13 days i think. Skilled ind 136 for an electrician
Old Feb 17th 2006, 9:54 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

if you could also let us still waiting your views/experiences of the process weather they be stressful, funny, happy or sad. look forward to hearing from you all sparks.
All depends on what type of visa you are applying for though, as some take just a few weeks, others take months
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:52 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Ours took 2yrs, 2mths, 2 days. Now 3yrs 3 mths since skills assessment, in 3 days time we are finally flying off.

Depends on your situation - ours was out on hold whilst I was pregnant. When we applied theDIMIA process took longer (about a year) than it does now, but not as long as some people who applied a year or so before us.

edit: have you tried timeline?
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:57 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

started tra paperwork mid jan 05
got the old pink sticker early feb 06

applied as general spark

just the licence to sort now

regards steve
Old Feb 18th 2006, 7:07 am
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
All depends on what type of visa you are applying for though, as some take just a few weeks, others take months
the poll was to give a general idea of how long it takes as everyone is different and every visa is different. without listing every visa and a time scale a general poll was the only way of including everyone as there's a maximum of 15 possible answers.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:32 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

the poll was to give a general idea of how long it takes as everyone is different and every visa is different. without listing every visa and a time scale a general poll was the only way of including everyone as there's a maximum of 15 possible answers.
I know what the poll was for, Thankyou
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:53 pm
Enjoy it while you can

Chick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really nice

Hi, great idea for a poll for the people who are waiting. I never went on, or even looked for a site like this until I was a month away from receiving visa. The stress must be awful and I personally don't know how you can all put yourselves through it. ( you're far better people than me, I would of topped myself with the stress) We sent of initial app and then waited 4 months for a CO and med / PCC request. We got on with daily life and never mentioned Oz to anyone. (never had a minutes stress) there was no need both MODL straight forward visa app. No problem with meds both low BMI non smokers, (healthy types) I work in health profession so have blood tests hep B and C regular so no stress before meds (who needs it) I get enough stress at work. We only started worrying once PCC had been sent, had they arrived!! how long now !! etc... No need to worry visas came through and are no sat in passport. Hopefully your visa will be here within 6 months as this is appearing to be the norm for MODL. Once again great site for people to keep informed, you can all support each other. Good Luck all