Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The best suburbs in and around perth

The best suburbs in and around perth

Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The best suburbs in and around perth

Originally Posted by cnpizzo
Thanks for all the advice everyone, looks like we will have to start off in Secret Harbour then for now as we only have $500 to spend on a house when we've sold our house here.
Do you mean $500 per week rental or $500K to buy? People often forget to put in the 'K'
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

What is "the best" suburb?

The latest "in" estate or where everyone w22nks over their latest beemer or merc or where the grass is cut with a pair of scissors. I am suprised many people on the "best" estates can see what with their head being so far up one's own. Snobbery on all levels and for $500k you will get a very nice house in a "very" good area although not the "best"
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

cnpizzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
For $500/week you would get a 4 by 2 in a nice suburb a lot closer to the city than Secret Harbour.
Which suburbs nearer to perth do you think i could get a house for about $500 then? I would like to be quite near the city.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
totally agree with you

as to the op it depends on what you want

do you want to live with other expats ? or more with aussies ?

that too will have a baring on where you should look
I would like to be near other british expats but also want to meet the locals, any ideas on a good suburb within my price range?
Thanks
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunbather
Do you mean $500 per week rental or $500K to buy? People often forget to put in the 'K'
Sorry i mean $500k
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:46 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Which suburbs nearer to perth do you think i could get a house for about $500 then? I would like to be quite near the city.
I don't know many of the Northern burbs so:

Canning Vale, Success, Atwell, Aubin Grove, Yangebup, Spearwood, Murdoch.

The closer you get to town, the older and smaller the property gets for the same money. Have you looked at the realestate site yet?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:48 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Sorry i mean $500k
Ah - buying not renting! Still possible in some of those areas that I mentioned.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

The closer you get to town, the older and smaller the property gets for the same money. Have you looked at the realestate site yet?
Thanks for those, yes i have been looking at the realestate sites, i have a list of some suburbs which are in our price range, i need to find out whats in those areas now, ie: good schools, shops things to do with the kids etc.
Any Thoughts?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Ah - buying not renting! Still possible in some of those areas that I mentioned.
Coming over for a rekkie in dec, could you recommend a good suburb as a base fairly close to perth to rent in for a few weeks? we want to find out as much as possible in that time.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:12 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

Coming over for a rekkie in dec, could you recommend a good suburb as a base fairly close to perth to rent in for a few weeks? we want to find out as much as possible in that time.
My recommendation for that time of year would be take whatever you can get. Short term accommodation is hard to find at the best of times but very difficult in the run up to Christmas. Have a look at the Stayz website and book ASAP to stand a chance.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

My recommendation for that time of year would be take whatever you can get. Short term accommodation is hard to find at the best of times but very difficult in the run up to Christmas. Have a look at the Stayz website and book ASAP to stand a chance.
ok thanks for your advice.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

also look at beelier, kardina, bull creek,

all the areas success,atwell, aubin grove,yangebup,beelier, and coogee (if you can afford ) are going to go up massively because they are so close to the beach; the train line to perth cbd (15mins on train from success) the coogee marina that is being built and the massive regenration programme that is being undertaken around cockburn (coburn) cental

cockburn (gateway shopping centre) there is talk around where i live that its going to be expanded to rival garden city shopping mall
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:59 pm
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Actually doing a recce in December isn't too bad an idea. You'll get to see the houses with Christmas bling so you'll know where not to live
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Have a look up in the hills around Kalamunda, Lesmurdie, Gooseberry Hill, etc. It's possible to find a 4x2 for under $500k and some good schools around here. Lots of trees and very little colourbond in sight.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:27 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone have any views on Southern River? Good or bad!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.