Reload this Page >

Best Suburb in Melbourne?

Best Suburb in Melbourne?

Old Oct 7th 2005, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Babykiss is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Best Suburb in Melbourne?

Hello friends,
Can anyone here recommend the best suburb in Melbourne?In terms of raising a family, safety, recreational activities, attractions, etc. I also like a place where the housing accomodations are affordable and yet beautiful. We also like going to parks,lakes and the malls. Hubby and I are still undecided and any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Suburb in Melbourne?

Originally Posted by Babykiss
Hello friends,
Can anyone here recommend the best suburb in Melbourne?In terms of raising a family, safety, recreational activities, attractions, etc. I also like a place where the housing accomodations are affordable and yet beautiful. We also like going to parks,lakes and the malls. Hubby and I are still undecided and any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.
I can highly recommend Brighton - excellent schools, safe community, close to water, lots of parks. Oh, did you say affordable housing? Hmmm... that makes it difficult... Forget Brighton Vic then... Try moving a couple of states north-east, to Bayside Brisbane - one of the reasons we're here!

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Oct 7th 2005, 6:28 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hello friends,

the goldcoast

but its right outin the sticks
Old Oct 7th 2005, 6:37 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Hello friends,
Hi, this would be complete personal preference as to which is 'best'. There are lots of beautiful places in Melbourne.

Do you need to be near the city?
What do you class as affordable?

I love where we live in Beaumaris but it's near the sea not the lakes. I think it is expensive but you may not.

have a look on http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/...hp?showforum=1 ask there but I think lots of people will give you different answers.

Hope this helps.

Louise
Old Oct 7th 2005, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

louisethepom will become famous soon enoughlouisethepom will become famous soon enough

We live in Mornington which is right on the peninsula, it can be a little exspensive so Rosebud and further down is good, they have lots of things for kids to do and heaps of wineries and other activities e.g, drive in movie, skate parks, bbq areas, farms, steam train rides etc.
Also they have a new primary school that is only 3 years old and it is very good.

Last edited by louisethepom; Oct 7th 2005 at 7:04 am.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 6:58 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We live on Aspendale, close to the station and right on the beach. Its beautiful and everyones so friendly, there are schools nearby and its affordable too....

laura
x
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:15 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
. Try moving a couple of states north-east, to Bayside Brisbane - one of the reasons we're here!

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
If your over 95 take this advice, thats where all the oldies go.

Otherwise come & live in the second most liveable city in the world.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:18 am

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bordy]If your over 95 take this advice, thats where all the oldies go.

So how come your not there grandad?????

laura
xxx
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:24 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lauralollipop

So how come your not there grandad?????

laura
xxx

:scared: :scared: :scared: You just wait till I get my new zimmer frame.

I thought you helped look after us old people to.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Bordy
:scared: :scared: :scared: You just wait till I get my new zimmer frame.

I thought you helped look after us old people to.

yes old people, not "prehistoric"

looking forward to helping you around again, i'll bring my gloves and nappies etc... so I can keep you looking good all day

laura
x
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:29 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
yes old people, not "prehistoric"

looking forward to helping you around again, i'll bring my gloves and nappies etc... so I can keep you looking good all day

laura
x
Thanks Laura, I'll try not to dribble as much this time, ya cheeky young bugger.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 8:14 am
Just Joined

joolsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello friends,

Hi there - we moved to Melbourne almost 2 years ago and up until a fortnight ago we were living in Eltham, one of the north eastern suburbs and only 30 mins from the city centre. Eltham is beautiful, very leafy and loads of parks and the schools are really good too. It's one of the outer suburbs so is next to bushland and the wildlife is amazing (we had koalas in our back garden and saw a kangaroo bouncing up the street) Overall a fabulous place to bring up children and I would recommend it.
Unfortunately the only downside to Eltham is that it's a good 1 hour drive from the sea and unless you've got your own pool (which a lot of people do) it gets pretty unbearable in the summer. So, we've just moved down to Mount Eliza which is on the Mornington Peninsula. I'm told it's about a 45 min drive (not in rush hour) from the city. But hey, now that I'm here I couldn't imagine going anywhere else. It's just beautiful and is right on the coast. The beaches are amazing. My kids have joined the local school - check out their website www.kunyungprimary.com.au - and it sits right down near the sea overlooking Port Phillip Bay.
Check out realeastate.com.au for properties.
Hope this helps! Good luck and if you moved to Mount Eliza give me a shout.
Julie
Old Oct 7th 2005, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

If your over 95 take this advice, thats where all the oldies go.

Otherwise come & live in the second most liveable city in the world.
It's probably true too - I had to follow oldie A Dogs Life here - can't bear the thought of the grumpy old man living on his own...

Mrs JTL
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:18 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
It's probably true too - I had to follow oldie A Dogs Life here - can't bear the thought of the grumpy old man living on his own...

Mrs JTL
Yeah Ive noticed. My dad was an ulsterman as well & he was a grumpy old ba***rd to.

Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah Ive noticed. My dad was an ulsterman as well & he was a grumpy old ba***rd to.

Like father like son eh?!

Mrs JTL

P.S. It's dinner time the grumpy old man's soooo slow heating up a couple of sandwiches... His exciting plan for tonight is watching Better Homes and Gardens while eating sandwiches.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.