Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

And the "Best State" award goes to...

View Poll Results: And the "Best State" award goes to...
Australian Capital Territory
2.63%
New South Wales
6.58%
Northern Territory
1.32%
Queensland
36.84%
South Australia
10.53%
Tasmania
3.95%
Victoria
11.84%
Western Australia
26.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

And the "Best State" award goes to...

Old May 20th 2006, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Default And the "Best State" award goes to...

Hey,

It's not like me to stage competitions, but I just had to start this one!

Noticed a lot of people remarking on which state/area in Australia is the best, so I thought I would put up a poll! I will put the main states down, if anyone wants to get specific and name the area they live in, then just leave a message with your entry...

Jamie
Old May 20th 2006, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Default Re: And the "Best State" award goes to...

By the way, if someone has already put a poll like this up, then I apologise...
Old May 20th 2006, 2:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And of course it may not be the State you live in...
Old May 20th 2006, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Exactly, don't feel that you have to put down the state that you live in...If you live in one and prefer another, please put the one you prefer...
Old May 20th 2006, 2:49 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I wonder where Tassies vote came from?
Old May 20th 2006, 3:44 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: And the "Best State" award goes to...

Well the question was not qualified i.e. Best State for what? so I voted Northern Territory, being the best state for........

not bumping into too many expats.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old May 20th 2006, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

It's kind of self explanatory...Best State...There is no category except for 'Which is the best (in your opinion)?'
Old May 20th 2006, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

galloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nice

...again it would be better to rename the poll, "the most popular state", esp as those in WA have to travel quite a bit to be able to compare the rest of the states in the east.
Old May 20th 2006, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

"Best State/Most Popular State"

It's all the same thing IMO. Most people will answer the poll as a matter of opinion as to which they personally think the better state is. However, if the thread name is really that much of a problem, if it NEEDS to be changed then that's cool by me...However I don't have the authority to change the post name, so let's let Pollyana decide...

Jamie
Old May 20th 2006, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdt3000

It's all the same thing IMO. Most people will answer the poll as a matter of opinion as to which they personally think the better state is. However, if the thread name is really that much of a problem, if it NEEDS to be changed then that's cool by me...However I don't have the authority to change the post name, so let's let Pollyana decide...

Jamie
I love queensland but maybe thats just because i live here!
Old May 20th 2006, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

galloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdt3000

It's all the same thing IMO.
The most popular state could be WA as more people live there, but QLD may be better.

Look at it from another angle, the Toyota Corolla is apparently one of the most popular cars about, but I would dooubt you could say it was one of the best.

...but in the end it's your poll.

Last edited by galloping gaijin; May 20th 2006 at 5:36 am.
Old May 20th 2006, 7:35 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: And the "Best State" award goes to...

I personally believe that there's no "best state" overall; only a state that's best for you.

With this qualification, I have voted for South Australia.
Old May 20th 2006, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by galloping gaijin
The most popular state could be WA as more people live there, but QLD may be better.
Where do you get your info from?

WA and QSLD have around the same population level from my understanding.

The most populous state is NSW closely followed by VIC
Old May 20th 2006, 7:53 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: And the "Best State" award goes to...

Originally Posted by Toppa

I think gg might mean "More British ex-pats live there."

If not, I don't know what he (she?) means.

Old May 20th 2006, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Toppa

OIC, you are referring to this little poll. Well simple answer to that would be most respondents to it so far probably live in WA or QSLD

I'd like to see what it pans out like towards the end of the poll date.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.