Reload this Page >

Best places to live in Adelaide Area

Best places to live in Adelaide Area

Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

familyheaver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best places to live in Adelaide Area

Hi,

We (myself, husband and 2 children 7 and 4) are coming out to Adelaide on 10th September 2007 and are staying in Woodcroft for a short while until we find where we would like to be!! Any advice on nice areas would be gratefully received. Is Woodcroft a nice area?

Thanks Karen
Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

viccollie has a spectacular aura aboutviccollie has a spectacular aura aboutviccollie has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Best places to live in Adelaide Area

yeah, it;s nice, south western suburbs, 30mins or so by car from cbd so you'll need a hire car. Nice views, near the mc laren vale wineries and the adelaide hills. Fantastic views of the city as you drive back into it down Flagstaff Hill, 10-15mins from the beach and OK suburb shopping centres nearby, tho Marion Mall is about 15mins away if you want 'big shopping'

lots of buses will take you into the city, Belair and Cleland parks 20mins drive thru the hills for the local wildlife cuddling/spotting.Big cinema at Marion if you need entertainment, local libraries have free wifi access if you register with them or you can use their computers. The city Zoo is always great as is the museum, and Monarto Animal Park for larger safari animals in huge open ranges.
Enjoy!
Claire
Flagstaff Hill, previously west lakes in NW.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:53 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by familyheaver
Hi,

We (myself, husband and 2 children 7 and 4) are coming out to Adelaide on 10th September 2007 and are staying in Woodcroft for a short while until we find where we would like to be!! Any advice on nice areas would be gratefully received. Is Woodcroft a nice area?

Thanks Karen
i have been working in woodcroft for 3 years it has good bits and bad bits.. there are better areas and definitely worse..there is a very popular private school called "woodcroft college" there are a few chavs around but also lots of young families buying new houses it's about to have a new shopping centre built soon. it's probably not a bad spot to start with, i prefer being by the sea
Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

familyheaver is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks for the advice - any ideas where the nicer areas are that we can look at when we get there. We have a young family so need areas with good schooling ?

Thanks again, Karen
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

deano will become famous soon enoughdeano will become famous soon enough

Hi,

We ( wife, daughter(15)and I) live in the suburb mentioned above McLaren Vale. It has good schools both primary and junior, secondary school (private) and public at Willunga (our daughter attends and is loving it). We are only 5 mins from the beach - good for families (and or fishing). It takes me just twenty mins to Flinders Hospital where I work and approx 30 mins to city from home. We are surrounded by wineries/ vineyards and beautiful countryside (wouldnt want to live anywhere else now!)
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by familyheaver
Hi,

Thanks for the advice - any ideas where the nicer areas are that we can look at when we get there. We have a young family so need areas with good schooling ?

Thanks again, Karen

It really depends what you do for a living. If you are working in the Southern suburbs then you need to be looking there, if you work in the hills, you need to look at them areas, if you work in the Northern suburbs then you need to look there etc. Unless you don't mind travelling an hour or so a day to work that is.

There are some lovely area's all over, some great schools etc, but you need to be looking at where the jobs are first.