Forum Regular

SUPERSTARDJ01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best place to live and to avoid in Oz

Hi,

as the title says.

Thanks
Old Jan 5th 2010, 5:21 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Best place to live and to avoid in Oz

Originally Posted by SUPERSTARDJ01
Hi,

as the title says.

Thanks
Well all you will get is biased opinions. Depends what you want and need in life
Old Jan 5th 2010, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Well all you will get is biased opinions. Depends what you want and need in life
Clean, safe, friendly, good schools, jobs all the stuff young families want/need really.

Say in the UK I would not live in Castleford again as it's not exactly any of the above but I would live in Milton Keynes again. etc
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:52 pm
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

the best place to live would be the the place furthest from the place to avoid and vice versa.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Avoid negative British Expat areas. Live in postive British Expat areas.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 7:53 pm
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

as the title says.

Thanks
Emerald City - just over the rainbow.

Emerald, Queensland is easier to get to.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:45 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Avoid Perth,its boring there...apparently
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Get stuck in to the way of life and dont go on about the UK and you will succeed anywhere.

Its all good but climate is your choice and it plays a big part in way of life so its your choice.

I have to disagree with staying close to British people and say build your new life to suit yourself.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:59 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Hi,

as the title says.

Thanks
Wherever you lay your hat
Old Jan 6th 2010, 12:31 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Avoid negative British Expat areas. Live in postive British Expat areas.
I like that

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
Get stuck in to the way of life and dont go on about the UK and you will succeed anywhere.
And that sounds very good advice. I wish I had taken that advice in my first time here, maybe I wouldn't have become a Boomerang Pom.

Old Jan 6th 2010, 12:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's honestly an impossible question to answer. You need to weigh up where you can find work firstly, then you need to decide what climate is best for you and yours. No point in saying Cairns is brilliant and has everything you require if you can't handle high humidity for a few months a year. Every state has a different climate but they all have areas you are sort of asking about.

With regard the clean, safe, friendly aspect, Australia is no different from the UK. Even in a 'nice' area there are likely to be less nice aspects. All areas have good and bad schools, and all areas can be as friendly or unfriendly depending on how you are.

I love where I live, others would hate it. I wouldn't dream of suggesting anywhere as ideal to a good friend let alone someone I know zip about.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Clean, safe, friendly, good schools, jobs all the stuff young families want/need really.

Say in the UK I would not live in Castleford again as it's not exactly any of the above but I would live in Milton Keynes again. etc
If you like milton keynes move there. you must have a reason to move to australia.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Well some friendly some not so, I do live in Milton Keynes, surely you guy had the same sort of questions when you first started out and I was only after a bit of guidence obviously this site isn't as friendly as I originally thought, cheers those who gave sensible answers.

You can take English out of England but not England out of the English, typical.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

dommod is an unknown quantity at this point

Best place = Any where on Northern Beaches (Sydney)
Worst place = Any where other than the Northern Beaches.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dommod
Best place = Any where on Northern Beaches (Sydney)
Worst place = Any where other than the Northern Beaches.
So basically Sydney? Isn't Sydney expensive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.