Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Place To Go to in Oz?

Best Place To Go to in Oz?

Old Apr 13th 2009, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

LittleBird94 will become famous soon enough
Default Best Place To Go to in Oz?

Hey we live in nz and we were wondering where is the best place to go in oz, with little number of snakes and spiders lol thats warm but not humid with good job vacancies and beaches and good prices for good sized houses. lol

Thanks
xox
Old Apr 13th 2009, 3:14 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best Place To Go to in Oz?

and would you like saturdays lotto numbers whilst im thinking?
Old Apr 13th 2009, 3:20 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LittleBird94
Hey we live in nz and we were wondering where is the best place to go in oz, with little number of snakes and spiders lol thats warm but not humid with good job vacancies and beaches and good prices for good sized houses. lol

Thanks
xox
Piss take surely?
Old Apr 13th 2009, 3:24 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

23 37 1 12 30 need i go on? no piss take here.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

LittleBird94 will become famous soon enough

Thank you so much for your help.

Now i realise why we chose NZ over Oz what with all the bastards like you!!

Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Or was it that oz wouldn't let you in, lol. Isn't NZ just the UK but with more sheep?
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
xox
You could come to my location.................Utopia within my head.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:43 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
xox
Take a look at Tasmania. Not too hot or humid. Nice beaches. From what I understand not too much in the way of creepy crawlies.

Your other criteria are unrealistic. Loads of job opportunities and cheap housing don't go hand in hand.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

You do need to understand that your original post sounds like a bit of a wind up. Your post looks as if you have done no research at all into a planned move to another country. There is absolutely nowhere in Australia or anywhere else that I can think of which will tick all of your boxes. Do some research on areas where your job is needed www.seek.com.au or www.careerone.com.au and then go from there. Honestly, there is no sense in going someplace "not too hot with nice beaches and cheap houses" if you can't find a job.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Take a look at Tasmania. Not too hot or humid. Nice beaches. From what I understand not too much in the way of creepy crawlies.

Your other criteria are unrealistic. Loads of job opportunities and cheap housing don't go hand in hand.

Tassie - definitely nice beaches, fair weather, not humid but cold at times. Creepy crawlies, we have a few, 3 venomous snakes, redback, whitetail, huntsman spiders etc, scorpions are common (but very small ) but not so many flies etc.

Houses and jobs are variable, just like anywhere in the world, what line of work are you looking for?

Sam
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:52 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
xox
Port Kembla
Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks
xox
The (Aus) Truman Show?
Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:14 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Dont go to Perth ...... its too boring there
Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Dont go to Perth ...... its too boring there
Have you been there?
Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:46 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Why the hostility? If you don't like the question, don't answer!

To the OP- there are a few of us here that have made the hop across the ditch; myself, ianandsharon, buzzybee, johnokiwi to name a couple. I think it's fair to say that the 'Australia' part of this forum is brasher (to be polite) than the Kiwi part, so you'll need thicker skin here!

I'd suggest Tasmania or South-Eastern NSW- a few hours south and north of Sydney are some much more affordable areas that still have the more liveable NSW climate, no crocs and less nasties in general. Have a look at Wollongong, Central Coast (Lake Macquarie, Gosford) and Newcastle. If you fancy and can find work somewhere smaller, have a look at Forster a couple of hours north of Newcastle- since arriving here locals tell me again and again that's it's magic.

What's your line of work? How long have you been in NZ and where?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.