Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Pizza in Brisbane

Best Pizza in Brisbane

Old Apr 3rd 2006, 11:05 pm
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Best Pizza in Brisbane

Originally Posted by helpwithvisa
It depends what part of Bris you live in. we live in the western suburbs and there are two independent pizzarias where you can sit down (like back home at Pizza Hut). I know there are sit down pizzarias in New Farm, Bulimba and other inner - city suburbs. you've just got to look around once you get here.

Good luck, hope you enjoy Bris when you get here.

Andy Sinclair-Ford

www.sf-migration-australia.co.uk
The Tomato Brothers chain of restaurants have a good "gourmet" pizza and pasta menu. They're in Bulimba, Camp Hill and elsewhere in Brisbane.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:12 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

They have a great pizza place on the University of Queensland campus at St Lucia, it's pretty casual and BYO, outdoor seating but fab pizza.

http://www.schonell.com/cafe.asp
Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Following on from the Perth thread, any suggestions on the best pizza available in Brisbane?
Ginos at Hamilton.
Supeeerb
Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:20 am
Just Joined

racquet is an unknown quantity at this point

Pizza Napoli at Everton Park (Trouts Rd) Gourmet Pizzas - best in town
Old Apr 4th 2006, 5:46 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

New York Pizza, great for a buy-by-the-slice on Brunswick St (Valley) or Edward St (city)

Pizza Capers is good for eat-in or take-away also Menu
Old Apr 4th 2006, 6:14 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
SA and TAS both had sit-down Pizza Huts, and may still do.
Perth used to as well but I am pretty sure these have gone now. I have a feeling the company may have decided that they could make more money and lower overheads by just doing a pickup/delivery service. It's been years since i've seen any advertising for those 'all you can eat' deals where you'd dine at their restaurants. I know some pizzeria's (not just resturants) here do have sit down facilities.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 6:20 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Perth used to as well but I am pretty sure these have gone now. I have a feeling the company may have decided that they could make more money and lower overheads by just doing a pickup/delivery service. It's been years since i've seen any advertising for those 'all you can eat' deals where you'd dine at their restaurants. I know some pizzeria's (not just resturants) here do have sit down facilities.
Yep, we used to go all the time(well, for birthdays etc) to Pizza Hut to have the 'all you can eat', including dessert, for $8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nowwhere to be seen now we've been back(and I don't think in 2000 either), I was very bummed, as I was looking forward to taking Pascal to one!

Funny pizza place story(and it happened in Brisbane). I decided to sprinkle some stuff that looked like herbs on my pizza. What was it: dried chilli flakes/seeds!!! OMG, I nearly died! We never ate hot stuff back then, not even curry(I'm dutch).
Old Apr 4th 2006, 6:41 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Funny pizza place story(and it happened in Brisbane). I decided to sprinkle some stuff that looked like herbs on my pizza. What was it: dried chilli flakes/seeds!!! OMG, I nearly died! We never ate hot stuff back then, not even curry(I'm dutch).
That was one hell of an intro into the world of 'hot n spicy' Simone
There are much gentler introductions available you know ! I guess the words
' a light sparse sprinkle' now resonate deeply within your psyche

For the uninitiated, chili flakes are a dehydrated concentrated source of chili: Always use with care!
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:05 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
That was one hell of an intro into the world of 'hot n spicy' Simone
There are much gentler introductions available you know ! I guess the words
' a light sparse sprinkle' now resonate deeply within your psyche

For the uninitiated, chili flakes are a dehydrated concentrated source of chili: Always use with care!
Yeah, even now I wouldn't just sprinkle them on stuff, only use a bit in the cooking.
:scared:

That same holiday(2 months to Oz in 2000), had a thai green curry at a friends house. That nearly killed me too, don't think I even finished it! But that still wasn't as bad as the flakes! We eat thai curries all the time now.

Argh, getting hopelessly off topic, sorry!
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:31 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GLR
The Tomato Brothers chain of restaurants have a good "gourmet" pizza and pasta menu. They're in Bulimba, Camp Hill and elsewhere in Brisbane.
ORMISTON!!

I'll second the Tomato Brothers recommendation, yum! Their calzone is great.

As for Pizza Hut, they have had sit down restaurants in Brisbane since the late 1970's, first time I had ever tasted pizza was when I was about 15 & my friends & I went to Pizza Hut at Indooropilly just after I started my first part time job. So they have been around for a long long time 30+ years, but as NickyC mentioned they have closed them all down in the last 2 or 3 years in favour of takeaway/home delivery only stores.

Spalen, can't give you any karma, but it was worth it .
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Manx Family, Pizza! you have moved to Aus. lol lol lol

Only taking the mick, welcome back to the land of the livin

lol
lace xxx
Old Apr 4th 2006, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
ORMISTON!!

I'll second the Tomato Brothers recommendation, yum! Their calzone is great.

As for Pizza Hut, they have had sit down restaurants in Brisbane since the late 1970's, first time I had ever tasted pizza was when I was about 15 & my friends & I went to Pizza Hut at Indooropilly just after I started my first part time job. So they have been around for a long long time 30+ years, but as NickyC mentioned they have closed them all down in the last 2 or 3 years in favour of takeaway/home delivery only stores.

Spalen, can't give you any karma, but it was worth it .
Just got a flyer this past weekend. Pizza Hut has a dine in restaurant at Crand Plaza Shopping Centre in Browns Plains. It's a bit of a drive though.

Mrs JTL
Old Apr 4th 2006, 8:23 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Just got a flyer this past weekend. Pizza Hut has a dine in restaurant at Crand Plaza Shopping Centre in Browns Plains. It's a bit of a drive though.

Mrs JTL
They have one at Bundaberg too, but that's even further. Castelli's in Rosalie does much nicer pizza than the Tomato Brothers nearby.

Jane