Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best laid plans an all that..

Best laid plans an all that..

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best laid plans an all that..

Well we planned our move out here so that we would be settled in a house etc in time for Katie to start school at the beginning of the new term. Everything was going swimmingly until...she got the mumps:scared:

So first day of term was spent doped up on nurofen and calpol and looking like she's swallowed a load of golfballs.

Claire
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

forgot to say that this was after we had spent last Thursday and friday getting together all of the booklist and travelling here there and everywhere to get her a uniform. Seems like everyone had left it to the last minute

Getting the booklist together is certainly a joy

Claire
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 11:41 pm
mick n cheryl

Hi Claire,

Next time you need the school books etc just take your list along to the news agents and they will do all the donkey work and give you a ready prepared parcel!!. I like you now was told after we had searched all the shops for 3 kids books all different years!!! No Haslle at all eh!!!!!!!

Mick

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 11:42 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by claireg3
forgot to say that this was after we had spent last Thursday and friday getting together all of the booklist and travelling here there and everywhere to get her a uniform. Seems like everyone had left it to the last minute

Getting the booklist together is certainly a joy

Claire
I hope she is feeling better soon!

I can remember when we had to find all the pencils and felt tip pens etc that were on the list for my daughters school. We just looked and thought 'what are Texta pens'?! It's what they call felt tipped pens but we didn't know that at the time!! We found the best place to go was 'Woolridges' school shop in Osbourne Park, they had everything we needed. We just found it better than going from K-Mart to Big W then back to Target because someone had sold out of what we needed.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

we went to Woolridges in Mandurah along with everybody else south of the river I think including people off this site ( I was wigging in on their conversation and my ears picked up when I heard Boots and Tescos mentioned )
They'd sold out of some of the books we needed but then we found a stall in Mandurah fourum that had everything else. the uniform was a different story though, and its dead simple as in blue pleated sjirt and red or white airtex. Luckily I'd brought her airtex's from the UK but we struggled to find skirts. Eventually got them in Big W.

As for the mumps she is feeling very sorry for herself and sleeping it off whilst little one watches "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" for the upteenth time. She now does a good impression of the childcatcher

Claire