Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best forex exchange rates

Best forex exchange rates

Old Apr 24th 2019, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Reasonable will become famous soon enoughReasonable will become famous soon enough
Default Best forex exchange rates

Which companies give the best exchange rates for GBP to AUD?
Old Apr 24th 2019, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best forex exchange rates

This may help you to check some options: https://www.mycurrencytransfer.com/m...ralia/5000-GBP
Old Apr 24th 2019, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

denzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond repute

I used XE.com for over a decade now. Always has good rates and no longer any transfer fees. I also remember a lot of folks on here talking about Forex website. Said it was better than XE but I didn't find this at the time I looked.

There's probably others online and the majority give better rates than what the banks do.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 1:12 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I used to use XE (for GBP-USD transfers), but after they were sold a few years ago they became less competitive. TransferWise is commonly recommended on BE, but there are others that get mentions, such as WorldFirst, oanda, and xoom. I have seen OFX recommended on the Oz forum several times.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 24th 2019 at 1:41 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 1:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reasonable View Post
Which companies give the best exchange rates for GBP to AUD?
I always use OFX for transfers both ways, there's no fees on GBP - AUD transactions, there's a small fee for AUD - GBP transactions under AUD10,000, no fees for over that. For larger amounts I call the broker desk and negotiate a rate. Have always been happy with the rates, and I do check.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

ratapita is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I 've recently used No1Currency. Think I found them using an online comparison site. I haven't used them before, but they were happy to let me cancel and re-order 1st time as the rate kept getting better and then they did the cancelling and re-ordering themselves ( without me asking them to do it) . So at the end of a week I got the best exchange rate !
Old Apr 25th 2019, 2:53 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ratapita View Post
Hi, I 've recently used No1Currency. Think I found them using an online comparison site. I haven't used them before, but they were happy to let me cancel and re-order 1st time as the rate kept getting better and then they did the cancelling and re-ordering themselves ( without me asking them to do it) . So at the end of a week I got the best exchange rate !
I think the OP is talking about fx rates for the transfer of funds between countries/currencies , not travel money. Hadn't heard of No1 currrency before though, going by the number of positive reviews they're a good option for your travel cash.
Old Apr 25th 2019, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I use OFX and transferwise. One charges a fee one doesn’t. It depends which one will get the the most $$ in the end. Sometimes paying a fee means I get more dollars.

So so I would register with two or three companies and check in the day. Some also allow you to pick a rate and will trigger the deal when it is reached, useful if you don’t need funds in a hurry.
Old Apr 25th 2019, 7:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

OFX