Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best flight prices from USA to validate visa

Best flight prices from USA to validate visa

Old Feb 21st 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default Best flight prices from USA to validate visa

I know that there are really good deals for the one way flight when immigrating, but does anyone have any recommendations if you are travelling on a return trip to validate our visa?
I am planning a trip to Aus for the family in December and as I live in the Caribbean, it is literally halfway around the world. The tickets are going to cost a fortune, so I am looking for the best deal. I presume I would have to fly via the USA and am therefore looking for recommendations on the carrier. I would like to visit Perth and Brisbane whilst in Auz.

Any advice?

Nix
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:11 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best flight prices from USA to validate visa

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
I know that there are really good deals for the one way flight when immigrating, but does anyone have any recommendations if you are travelling on a return trip to validate our visa?
I am planning a trip to Aus for the family in December and as I live in the Caribbean, it is literally halfway around the world. The tickets are going to cost a fortune, so I am looking for the best deal. I presume I would have to fly via the USA and am therefore looking for recommendations on the carrier. I would like to visit Perth and Brisbane whilst in Auz.

Any advice?

Nix
Nix, maybe try and make your way to Hawaii via an internal US flight, then you can pick up Jetstar (budget airline) to Sydney from there.

We came to Oz via Miami, Cancun, LA and Hawaii. The flight from Cancun (which is of course in the Caribbean although you would have to get there) was about US$150 to LA from memory, then any airline to Hawaii, then Jetstar to Sydney is around AU$350.

HTH

Buzzy
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:34 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Nix, you should certainly be booking this one separate tickets as Buzzy suggests....possible pricing out the fare AUA-LAX and LAX-SYD....Air Pacific have some pretty good fares LAX to Aus.

Your other problem though is the timing - December - depending on the dates you have in mind you could be looking at super high season fares for Xmas - these certainly apply UK - Aus and I'm sure also would US - Aus.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Thanks for the replies.....I'll get looking at it now. I know that the rates will be high, and I am hoping that if I book in advance, it will be a little more manageable.....
We could go in July (it would work better with the school holidays), but I think it would be cutting it a bit fine.....giving the slow timings for applications pre Sep, I am not convinced we would have our visa's by then, so planning a July vacation would be silly.....