Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

best curry near clarkson

Wikiposts

best curry near clarkson

Old Sep 5th 2006, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Moonwalker will become famous soon enoughMoonwalker will become famous soon enough
Default Re: best curry near clarkson

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
In Perth?

When?
Hi Just been here for 2 months need some time to do my research looking at about 6 months or maybe sooner will keep you guys posted
Old Sep 5th 2006, 2:46 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by predator
Hi Just been here for 2 months need some time to do my research looking at about 6 months or maybe sooner will keep you guys posted
Im in Ocean Reef,can you just make me one and pop it round please?
Old Sep 5th 2006, 2:53 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
Im in Ocean Reef,can you just make me one and pop it round please?
I think the mobile Curry Van would be the way to go, then he can get round to all of us and drop them off!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 2:55 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
I think the mobile Curry Van would be the way to go, then he can get round to all of us and drop them off!
OMG...thats a fantastic idea...if it ever takes off I'll be buying shares
Old Sep 5th 2006, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Moonwalker will become famous soon enoughMoonwalker will become famous soon enough

I live NOR in Craigie will be looking at opening in North
Old Sep 5th 2006, 3:53 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by predator
I live NOR in Craigie will be looking at opening in North
Just North of Cottesloe would be perfect
Old Sep 5th 2006, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Considered to be the best in the northern suburbs, and winner of restaurant of the year several times is the Royal India in west perth, not too far from you. We go about once a fortnight, its superb, but can be busy so best to book. http://www.royalindia.com.au/
Hi CF,

I know we've had this conversation before but with the benefit of hindsight I was not convinced by the Royal India. It was better than some others but I still didn't think it was anything overly special - especially for the money - the fact that we haven't been back says a lot for us. A bit too much style over substance.

Having said that it is all a bit subjective.

Looking forward to the Glasgow Tandoori though!!

In the meantime I shall report back in a few weeks on The Cove in Attadale!!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 5:11 pm
Pet
Forum Regular

Pet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nice

For SOR we like Jewel on the Park, 765 Albany H'way, East Vic Park never been disappointed and very reasonably priced. Then again we prefer spicy and/or tandoori to curry taste. Know some disagree but we also like The Royal India in West Perth but it is a little pricey. All a matter of taste I suppose.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:04 pm
Living in Perthection

Hi CF,

I know we've had this conversation before but with the benefit of hindsight I was not convinced by the Royal India. It was better than some others but I still didn't think it was anything overly special - especially for the money - the fact that we haven't been back says a lot for us. A bit too much style over substance.

We went to the Cove approx 18mths ago, didnt rate it, definitely nothing special. Havent been back...
Would say Royal India is better, but still rate Nine Mary's as the best for taste, variety of dishes, style of restaurant. You might say it was expensive though if you think RI is.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

We went to the Cove approx 18mths ago, didnt rate it, definitely nothing special. Havent been back...
Bloody hell.

Back to the drawing board.

Haven't tried CM's in Subiaco yet.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 7:15 pm
Living in Perthection

Bloody hell.

Back to the drawing board.

Haven't tried CM's in Subiaco yet.
It may of improved!

Only takes one chef to arrive who's worked in the UK... and we'll all be saved
Havent been to CM's for a while (even though I work in Subi and walk past it every day )
It was always a very loud restaurant, the sound never seems able to escape and everyone just talks over each other. Plus they also seemed to have a lot of large tables (10+) which compunded the problem.
Still prefer Nine Mary's, the tasting platters and the Crayfish Massala are my tips, my mouths watering at the thought
Old Sep 5th 2006, 7:16 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Hi CF,

We have indeed, and all dishes are subjective, I am a veggie too, but I eat fish, so I havent had over half of thier dishes. The tandoori fish is as good a dish as I have ever had at any Indian anywhere in the world. Chutney Marys in Subi was average to say the least and Nine Marys in the centre of Perth used to be my favourite, and to be honest I have never had a bad dish there, but the service is terrible, so bad we stopped going. That was 12 months ago, and it could well have changed by now, if the service is up to scratch it is difficult to beat. The reason we like Royal India is we have become friends with the owners and several staff, so tend to go there before anywhere else.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 7:52 pm
Living in Perthection

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
We have indeed, and all dishes are subjective, I am a veggie too, but I eat fish, so I havent had over half of thier dishes. The tandoori fish is as good a dish as I have ever had at any Indian anywhere in the world. Chutney Marys in Subi was average to say the least and Nine Marys in the centre of Perth used to be my favourite, and to be honest I have never had a bad dish there, but the service is terrible, so bad we stopped going. That was 12 months ago, and it could well have changed by now, if the service is up to scratch it is difficult to beat. The reason we like Royal India is we have become friends with the owners and several staff, so tend to go there before anywhere else.
You cant beat a couple of nice Gay waiters
Old Sep 5th 2006, 8:14 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you wont all be dissapointed but as a lover of Scottish curries when we moved to england we found the curries to be different and not as good, i for one will be only too willing to sample a good old scottish curry, with veggie pakora and spiced onions......

Lynn
Old Sep 5th 2006, 8:42 pm
Cheeky member

You cant beat a couple of nice Gay waiters
you could with a stick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.