Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

best curry near clarkson

best curry near clarkson

Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best curry near clarkson

Originally Posted by Ransi
I've given up hoping to have a decent curry
i know it's a long way to travel for you but Magic Curries here in Hobart is as good as my fave one back in the UK-no Patak's in sight, everything freshly cooked-and best of all it's 200 metres from our house!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 7:00 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
yup,same here...
v.nice vietnamese in Joondalup near the red turban (crock 'o shite)
The Thai place next to the cinema at Lakeside, which doesn't look much from the outside, does great food.

I suppose you should expect a country that has baked beans / chocolate / cheese which are creamy / tasteless by UK standards would think a Laksa / Korma to be a decent curry. I went out for a Chinese with some Aussie colleagues recently and they all thought the beef szechaun was too hot and spicy
Old Sep 5th 2006, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
The Thai place next to the cinema at Lakeside, which doesn't look much from the outside, does great food.

I suppose you should expect a country that has baked beans / chocolate / cheese which are creamy / tasteless by UK standards would think a Laksa / Korma to be a decent curry. I went out for a Chinese with some Aussie colleagues recently and they all thought the beef szechaun was too hot and spicy
I'n really impressed with SE Asian food here - much like the real thing. It's just Indian food which is a real let down.

A jar of sauce with a half cooked tomato, a bit of pepper and a bit of onion thrown in.

Having said that, when I was in India about 12 years ago, I thought that the food there was a real let down! The best restaurants that i went to in Delhi and Jaipur weren't a patch on my local takeaway in Nottingham!!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 7:52 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I'n really impressed with SE Asian food here - much like the real thing. It's just Indian food which is a real let down.

A jar of sauce with a half cooked tomato, a bit of pepper and a bit of onion thrown in.

Having said that, when I was in India about 12 years ago, I thought that the food there was a real let down! The best restaurants that i went to in Delhi and Jaipur weren't a patch on my local takeaway in Nottingham!!
I am a recovering curry-holic. I used to go 2 or 2 times a week for a balti and got chatty with the guys there. The head chef who used to work in Sparkbrook, Birmingham told me that what the English think of as Indian is nothing like the real thing because it is made more English for us. ie made more like curry flavoured gravy.

I think the same applies to Chinese. Having been to Singapore twice the food is incredibly plain there - boiled chicken / duck with steamed rice - again nothing like the stodge the English like.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I think the same applies to Chinese. Having been to Singapore twice the food is incredibly plain there - boiled chicken / duck with steamed rice - again nothing like the stodge the English like.

There is a massive variety in Asia though. We've spent quite a bit of time in Singapore and SE Asia generally and love the food - fresh spices, chilli, fresh greens. OK, so Chicken Rice can be a bit dull but I like the zinginess (is that a word?) of the rest.

When we went back to the UK few years ago and had Chinese takeaway I thought it was disgusting - thick, cloying, bland, (apart from the ever-present flavourings), starchy.

The Chinese and SE Asian food in Perth (and, I bet, Australia generally) tastes much more fresh, zingy and less cloying than the UK equivalent.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Royal India Hays Street in Perth is quite nice but a bit expensive, the best one we have had since we been here.

Maybe we should all club together and bring one of our own Indian cooks out from UK even if it means bringing another 25 or so of his family (only joking).

Dunno why no one has thought of it before, surely someone can set up a business and bring them over????

Kath
Old Sep 5th 2006, 8:27 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Friends of ours are getting together on Sunday and we all have to bring a curry that we've made ourselves!
Hubby is going to try to make a chicken madras, found a shop in Beechboro that does all the spices etc - so I'll let you know how it turns out!
You never know - it might be the start of a business venture!

Tracey
Old Sep 5th 2006, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Moonwalker will become famous soon enoughMoonwalker will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys,

Dont despair i am an indian chef from Glasgow and will be opening a glasgow style resturaunt in the near future so watch this space
Old Sep 6th 2006, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by predator
Hi Guys,

Dont despair i am an indian chef from Glasgow and will be opening a glasgow style resturaunt in the near future so watch this space

In Perth?

When?
Old Sep 6th 2006, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Friends of ours are getting together on Sunday and we all have to bring a curry that we've made ourselves!
Hubby is going to try to make a chicken madras, found a shop in Beechboro that does all the spices etc - so I'll let you know how it turns out!
You never know - it might be the start of a business venture!

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

can you tell me where the shop is located in Beechboro? I'm living quite a distance away but I'm always keen to explore shops who are a bit different than the rest. thanks.

Evelin
Old Sep 6th 2006, 12:16 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

your going to make a killing
Old Sep 6th 2006, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Oh joy!!! about time!!!!
Old Sep 6th 2006, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

It's just poetic isn't it?

An Indian chef from Glasgow opening a Glasgow-style Indian restaurant in Western Australia...
Old Sep 6th 2006, 2:32 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
It's just poetic isn't it?

An Indian chef from Glasgow opening a Glasgow-style Indian restaurant in Western Australia...
well I for one cant bloody wait
Old Sep 6th 2006, 2:42 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Considered to be the best in the northern suburbs, and winner of restaurant of the year several times is the Royal India in west perth, not too far from you. We go about once a fortnight, its superb, but can be busy so best to book. http://www.royalindia.com.au/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.