Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Christmas Song ever

Best Christmas Song ever

Old Dec 23rd 2004, 1:41 pm
I AM 1 PERSON-UNDERSTAND?

SherKhan66 will become famous soon enough
Default Best Christmas Song ever

What do you think is the best Christmas song ever?
Mine would have to be 'Last Chrismas' by Wham
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best Christmas Song ever

Originally Posted by SherKhan66
Probably explains why you were banned...
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Best Christmas Song ever

"You scumbag, You maggot, You cheap lousy faggot
Happy Christmas you arsehole I pray God it's our last"

Oh Sorry!

Has to be "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues and Kirsty Macoll

Old Dec 23rd 2004, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Corinna is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine would have to be "Christmas in Cairns" by The Ten Tenors.
Because it´s an australian Christmassong about sun, cricket and beachlife.

Merry Christmas to everyone
Corinna
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 7:13 pm
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road

Slade So here it is Merry Christmas!
Heard it first as a wee lad and the first time I heard it on the radio or in the shops after that I knew it was the start of Christmas!
Haven't heard it in Oz yet................
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 7:37 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dicko
"You scumbag, You maggot, You cheap lousy faggot
Happy Christmas you arsehole I pray God it's our last"

Oh Sorry!

Has to be "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues and Kirsty Macoll

Without a shadow of a doubt. Case closed, no further questions m'lud.
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 8:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

"I believe in Father Christmas" by Greg Lake.

Anyone homesick should avoid Jona Lewie's "Stop the Cavalry"........with the line "Wish I was at home for Christmas....."
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 9:27 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Anyone homesick should avoid Jona Lewie's "Stop the Cavalry"........with the line "Wish I was at home for Christmas....."

Or "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know"

.... anyway, can't stop, got to deck the halls with bells and holly, tra la la la la ..........
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 9:36 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner

.... anyway, can't stop, got to deck the halls with bells and holly, tra la la la la ..........
'Driving home for Christmas'

Chris Rea.

Apart from the 'Traditionals'

G
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 10:02 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
That was the code use by the Americans to start the evacuation of Vietnam. Interesting fact no.9847
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Hey Poll,

I was wheeling my rusty old wonky shopping trolley around Coles the other day (yep, they'd dredged the lake to retrieve it!) and they were playing some Christmas song by an old time crooner, don't know what it was called but it went;

"I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams"

Those trolleys are hard enough to steer, let alone when you're all misty eyed round the pasta aisle!

Happy Christmas everyone
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 10:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Hey Poll,

I was wheeling my rusty old wonky shopping trolley around Coles the other day (yep, they'd dredged the lake to retrieve it!) and they were playing some Christmas song by an old time crooner, don't know what it was called but it went;

Those trolleys are hard enough to steer, let alone when you're all misty eyed round the pasta aisle!

Happy Christmas everyone
Know what you mean! The worst bit of my Christmas - 3 parcels, all surface mail, posted yonks ago, in plenty of time.......none of them arrived yet.
Three very cross kids in Bristol
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Hey Poll,

Happy Christmas everyone

Hey Tracy,
Heres the one for you I suppose next year Ill be reading this with a hankie.
Have a good one.

Hankies at the ready
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 11:36 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

It must be the station I listen to but I have not heard a christmas song yet. Wheres Slade. Another negative (or is it) point for Australia no Slade at Christmas. Oh woe is me
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 11:52 pm
Badge

Last Christmas I downloaded 30 MP3 songs and carols to my laptop shortly before we went away.

Last week I burned the lot to Audio CD - hey presto - a FAB singalong CD which is on in our house a fair bit. Sounds like an advert to the Manilow collection of something(!)

And, thanks to the recommendations of HUP, have got a fantastic 38 buck tree. So feelin very Christmassy.

Fav song : Fairy Tale of New York

BM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.