Reload this Page >

Best Brisbane / Sunshine Coast Suburbs - Family Friendly

Best Brisbane / Sunshine Coast Suburbs - Family Friendly

Old Feb 18th 2024, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

SamK247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Brisbane / Sunshine Coast Suburbs - Family Friendly

Hi,

Family of four emigrating UK to Brisbane or Sunshine Coast.

We have young children, 4 & 2 so looking for somewhere very family friendly, Parks, Schools, community events/groups, preferably not to far from the beach.

I am a 31 year old Carpenter/Joiner and will be sole provider so pivotal that work opportunities are too of the list whether that be in Brisbane or Sunshine Coast.

Any recommendations or advice on suburbs and carpentry work in Brisbane would be greatly appreciated!

Currently shortlisted

Brisbane - Wynndum, Victoria Point Sunshine Coast - Buderim, Mountain Creek

700 - 800 AUD budget for 3 bed Property
Old Feb 22nd 2024, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Brisbane / Sunshine Coast Suburbs - Family Friendly

Originally Posted by SamK247
Hi,

Family of four emigrating UK to Brisbane or Sunshine Coast.

We have young children, 4 & 2 so looking for somewhere very family friendly, Parks, Schools, community events/groups, preferably not to far from the beach.

I am a 31 year old Carpenter/Joiner and will be sole provider so pivotal that work opportunities are too of the list whether that be in Brisbane or Sunshine Coast.

Any recommendations or advice on suburbs and carpentry work in Brisbane would be greatly appreciated!

Currently shortlisted

Brisbane - Wynndum, Victoria Point Sunshine Coast - Buderim, Mountain Creek

700 - 800 AUD budget for 3 bed Property
Hi, have you a visa? and is the 700 - 800 Aud for weekly rental costs? Maybe more info will help with with advice (hence why I asked)
Old Feb 22nd 2024, 10:29 am
Just Joined

SamK247 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry yes that would help if I said....

700 - 800k for purchase

​​​​​​$650 - $750 per week rental

Will be ideally looking at a 189 Visa, if not 190.

Weighing up options beforehand...
Old Feb 28th 2024, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SamK247
Sorry yes that would help if I said....

700 - 800k for purchase

​​​​​​$650 - $750 per week rental

Will be ideally looking at a 189 Visa, if not 190.

Weighing up options beforehand...
Its good to start looking at the cost of housing etc as it will give you a rough idea what you are going to pay for a place to live but I would first apply for your visa and then progress further, we lived in Perth WA and we did need two salaries to have a good standard of living and we are not extravagant by any means, we managed at first with just my husband working as we arrived in Aus with two sons aged 4 and 6 and did not know a sole (in the UK I use to work some temp hours around my husbands work)
but we managed fine, in Aus we really did need another salary so after our youngest started full time school in Aus I worked around the school hours and holidays. I have been to Queensland but never lived there,looking at your finances you should be able to afford a decent rental and a nice home (this was just done by looking online as I am not familiar with the property market) hopefully someone from this site will come along with a fountain of knowledge for you. Good luck with everything.