Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Best of Both Worlds?

The Best of Both Worlds?

Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:12 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Default Re: The Best of Both Worlds?

Originally Posted by DianneH68
keeping my fingers crossed
Will cross fingers for you too, Dianne.

Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ProofReader
Will cross fingers for you too, Dianne.

and i'll do the same for you
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:17 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I also have heard you can get a tourist long stay visa providing you can show evidence of being able to support yourself financially.

And you would be able to if you didnt have to leave Australia every 3 months.

Have a look on the DIMIA website. Six months is far better than three.

Six months would've helped, but I still think the w*nk*er who thought up this rule must've had two d*cks - he couldn't possibly be that stupid just playing with one!

Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:21 am
Dismembered Bat

Originally Posted by cresta57
With the others closing Red Lion, Talbot which ones next? you'll soon have the yuppie wine bar or nothing out there.

When did the Talbot close?! 'Twas open when last I was there (Oct 2004).

As for the whine bar, say no more! There's always the White Hart but that's owned by the whine bar owner. I like the Cross Keys down the road a bit.

Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:23 am
Dismembered Bat

Originally Posted by seang
Did you say he was looking for work on a tourist visa??????

If so dont give to much info as DIMIA may be reading

No, I didn't! I was the one working and am an Aussie citizen.

Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:23 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

No, I didn't! I was the one working and am an Aussie citizen.

Ah cool - just mentioned in case
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:27 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chris!

Bloody hell! Bit of a bummer when your plans don't work out eh?

Are you going back on a Defacto Spouse Visa after a year then, or am I reading this all wrong?

Whatever you do, I will toast you and your partner's health and wish you the very best of luck. Oh, and Welcome back to England!

Cheers, and much karma on its way for you!
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:33 am
Dismembered Bat

Thumbs up Re: The Best of Both Worlds?

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Hi Chris!

Bloody hell! Bit of a bummer when your plans don't work out eh?

Are you going back on a Defacto Spouse Visa after a year then, or am I reading this all wrong?

Whatever you do, I will toast you and your partner's health and wish you the very best of luck. Oh, and Welcome back to England!

Cheers, and much karma on its way for you!

Not sure of the time frame as yet, Tony, but yes, the de facto spouse visa is what we're seeking.

I've a good mate in Chatham, Kent - must try to grab you for a when we get down that way!

Oh, and thanks for the welcome back!

Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:44 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure of the time frame as yet, Tony, but yes, the de facto spouse visa is what we're seeking.

I've a good mate in Chatham, Kent - must try to grab you for a when we get down that way!

Oh, and thanks for the welcome back!

You're on! Let me know if you're heading my way and we'll arrange something.
Mmmm...
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:51 am
Dismembered Bat

Talking Re: The Best of Both Worlds?

Originally Posted by tonyk38
You're on! Let me know if you're heading my way and we'll arrange something.
Mmmm...

Done deal!

Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, Bix, that's exactly how I feel: like a strayed fring!

Will sort it, Bix, never fear. And look forward to knocking on yer door one day and dragging both of you to the nearest watering hole of any repute!

Look forward to that PR.
I may even trim the mane for the occassion.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:29 pm
Dismembered Bat

Wink Re: The Best of Both Worlds?

Originally Posted by Bix
Look forward to that PR.
I may even trim the mane for the occassion.

Trim the strayed fring(e)? Would ya?! You're a sweety!! No wonder Bix da Boss luvs ya!

Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:45 pm
blossom

Sorry to hear your news, but here's a warm welcome to Lincolnshire for you, and you will be welcome at ours anytime! Would love to hear about Brissy in more detail over a bottle or two!!

Blossom

Old Apr 14th 2005, 12:57 am
Dismembered Bat

Thumbs up Re: The Best of Both Worlds?

Originally Posted by blossom
Sorry to hear your news, but here's a warm welcome to Lincolnshire for you, and you will be welcome at ours anytime! Would love to hear about Brissy in more detail over a bottle or two!!

Blossom

Best offer I've had all day!

Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Cheers everyone, wish us luck!
PR

Good luck ProofReader and Mr PR. I hope to see Mr PR with his shiny visa some day in Brissy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.