Best Bank?

Old Jan 11th 2008, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Best Bank?

Does anyone have an opinion on what the best bank is to open up before I get there, looks like I am gonna have to change my money up soon these exchange rates are ridiculous. we will have to set it up from here
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice
Default Re: Best Bank?

all banks are pretty much of a muchness
Westpac seems pretty good
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

depending on your monthly salary you may be able to open a Bankwest Hero account which pays interest and has no monthly fee
Old Jan 11th 2008, 10:11 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
Does anyone have an opinion on what the best bank is to open up before I get there, looks like I am gonna have to change my money up soon these exchange rates are ridiculous. we will have to set it up from here
http://www.migrantbanking.co.uk/moving_to_australia/

i would personally recommend the commonwealth bank

we set it up in the uk withan account in london and one in brisbane
we also used the commonwealth to transfer our money they made it easy and the rate i felt was comparable with other companies

regards steve
Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:15 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Just don't tell them about your credit card debt!!!!!

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
Old Jan 11th 2008, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Just don't tell them about your credit card debt!!!!!
Thank you guys,
Old Jan 11th 2008, 5:12 pm
bonvoyage

used transfermate.com after reading about them on a blog, they're in london and aus. they organised the bank account by phone with anz in 4 days and used them to send money over as they were cheapest

Old Jan 11th 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bonvoyage
used transfermate.com after reading about them on a blog, they're in london and aus. they organised the bank account by phone with anz in 4 days and used them to send money over as they were cheapest
the cheapest way to transfer money is use a company that doesnt charge a cent (e.g. Ozforex)

its easy enough to sort out your own bank account with ANZ or whoever, most of them have the ability for people to open before they arrive - we did ours with ANZ so it was ready and waiting.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:05 am
Just Joined

charliegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I am with Westpac and I have to say it hasn't offered the best of service. But from what I can gather, all banks here are pretty much the same.

If you want a big bank, I'd try the Commonwealth. Otherwise you can check out smaller banks like Bendigo Bank.

I'd keep away from the nab (national australia bank). I've heard nothing but bad news about that bank.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:29 am
Just Joined

ccraig is an unknown quantity at this point

agree with bon voyage,
getting transfermate to open the anz bank for you by phone is dead handy but using their transfer service and not anzs as anzs is no big shakes
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ccraig
agree with bon voyage,
getting transfermate to open the anz bank for you by phone is dead handy but using their transfer service and not anzs as anzs is no big shakes
what charges are involved?
Old Jan 12th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

As I always say on these threads, in our experience Westpac are seriously cr*p!
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

ccraig is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridie
what charges are involved?
I think theres normally a fee for opening a bank account but they waive it if you are using them for transfer service which has been cheaper having looked around
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:11 pm
getawaysoon

Originally Posted by ccraig
I think theres normally a fee for opening a bank account but they waive it if you are using them for transfer service which has been cheaper having looked around
Hi craig
new to this
Could you send me the number for transfermate?

Old Jan 12th 2008, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

craggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Best bank is the Bendigo Bank IF they have a local branch. Excellent service & staff.

cheers

Craggie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.