Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Australian Discovery...

Best Australian Discovery...

Old Jun 17th 2006, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Australian Discovery...

Originally Posted by steve`o
some wierd aniamls in the bush too
:scared:

I also live with a rather wild Scottish aminal - I call him Bert. Sometimes I canna understand a word 'e says!

Stella
Old Jun 17th 2006, 9:10 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdt3000
There is probably another thread stating this exact same question, but I will ask it again anyway...

What's the best thing you have discovered now that you have moved Down Under?

It can be anything, a food, a sport, an animal, a certain beach, a place, anything you like!

J

PS. If anyone comes up with a response like "I've discovered how S**T it is here", it will be noted as a 'troll' comment, and reported as such...Positive replies only please!
Friendly people
Good Food
Clean streets
Courtesy drivers (being the majority not the minority)
AFL (GEELONG)
MCG
Telstra Stadium (not the telecoms)
Reduced need for car (Doctors, Dentist, Playground, Hospital, Cafes, Shops all within 2 mins walk)
Life in Horsham, West Sussex was good - but life here is much better

Kiwi
Old Jun 17th 2006, 9:49 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Deep, deep blue skies and the pervasive aroma of eucalypts.

Oh, and the Seniors' Card - you can spend all day on the ferries, buses and trains for the price of a beer!
Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:09 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Without doubt, the nicest thing I ever did in Oz was sitting on those woooden steps near the iMax in Darling Harbour with the sun going down, latte in my hand, just watching the harbour traffic come and go. Not sure if that counts for a discovery or not, but I'm easily pleased, me.

Actually - I'll add, since I'm a weekend surfer - the best, most consistent 'noob' swell at 7 Mile Beach.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
The most beautiful deep blue sky that I have ever seen.

Fabulous coffee.

Great restaurant/take away food.
Which is your favorite restaurant?
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:01 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Best Australian Discovery...

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Animals - the strange creatures (someone said it may be koalas?) that make spooky screaming noises out on the lawn in the dark
Possums. (Or, if you're in Tassie, possums and Tasmanian devils.)
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:02 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Loads of boardwalks.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Rangersman
Which is your favorite restaurant?

Loads of them...

Clancy's Fish Pubs are excellent. Little Creatures in Fremantle, Cicerellos (spelling?) Fish and Chips in Freo, the Thai in Marmion, Taka Japanese in the CBD, Maya Indian, Fremantle, Albion Pub, Cottesloe.

Also some excellent places in the food courts.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jdt3000

What's the best thing you have discovered now that you have moved Down Under?

It can be anything, a food, a sport, an animal, a certain beach, a place, anything you like!
Bundaberg Rum
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Possums. (Or, if you're in Tassie, possums and Tasmanian devils.)
They do sound like devils actually - the only time I've heard that unearthy sort of scream was when camping near Port Arthur in Tassie. That was seriously spooky - you could see the yellow eyes of the devils gleaming in the dark :scared:
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:49 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Best Australian Discovery...

Originally Posted by migrantoz
Bundaberg Rum
...which cannot be found in the UK for love or money!
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:50 am
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Best Australian Discovery...

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They do sound like devils actually - the only time I've heard that unearthy sort of scream was when camping near Port Arthur in Tassie. That was seriously spooky - you could see the yellow eyes of the devils gleaming in the dark :scared:
Devils are a right shocker at night; very creepy, the way they scream at each other like that!

And those eyes.... THOSE EYES...!!! :scared:
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:52 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
...which cannot be found in the UK for love or money!
http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products...195bfb67949500
Old Jun 17th 2006, 12:02 pm
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Best Australian Discovery...

Mate, you're a bloody legend.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 12:28 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Please can i have two??

first is the blue duck cafe on north cottesloe beach, on stilts overlooking the ocean, great food, great atmosphere, the lot. Cannot wait to get back there, it will be our first visit if and when we get there.

Second and i know we will get slaughtered for this but Myself, my wife and my daughter all fell in love with roos! sorry an all that but we just did.

Nev.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.