Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Airline to Australia

View Poll Results: What is the best Airline you have flown with?
Quantas
10.48%
Japan Airlines
1.90%
Singapore Airlines
45.71%
Malaysian Airlines
13.33%
Korean Airlines
0%
British Airways
5.71%
Emirates
22.86%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Best Airline to Australia

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 11:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Airline to Australia

Originally Posted by MisterTwo

You don't win Airline Of The Year for the last god-knows-how-many-years for nothing!!
And they were airline of the year when they stranded my Melbourne bound flight in Dubai for 10 hours overnight, all restaurants shut, no bars, so no food or drink, no accomodation, just a very rude attitude from the staff! Never ever again!!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice
Cool Re: Best Airline to Australia

Originally Posted by skywalker
Air Mauritius? why not Air Uganda or Air Botswana?
Hi guys

first post so be gentle!!

Just out of interest, how much is a one way ticket to Oz then. Just waiting for employer refs so I can send stuff to TRA. (Electrician skilled 136 ind).

andicee
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Sun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really nice

Last time we went to Oz, we flew Malaysian and we were really impressed. We flew economy and t hey had loads of leg room (34 inch seat pitch) and TV's in the back of the seats, leg rests and a good choice of food. Saying that, the choice of movies weren't very good.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by desperate2go
CP were by far better than Quantas and British Airways(who were REALLY crap!)What are Emirates like as i have just heard they are doing £280 flights to oz...although you may be standing all the way
AND AN OUTSIDE LOO!!!!!!!!!! :scared:
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Out of interest, what is the best airline you have flown with on the long haul part to Australia?
We have flown with Qantas,Emirates,Cathay and Singapore x 2 to Perth and our opinion is that Singapore have given us the best service by far. Looking to book 3 x one way flights very soon and Singapore Airlines have come up with the cheapest flights to suit us. Really looking forward to getting on the plane prices approx £1268 inc taxes.

John
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by desperate2go
CP were by far better than Quantas and British Airways(who were REALLY crap!)What are Emirates like as i have just heard they are doing £280 flights to oz...although you may be standing all the way
And I was standing pretty much all the way when I flew with Emirates. Despite telling them very nicely at every possible point of contact that I was pregnant and NEEDED an aisle seat as bladder was seriously squished, they stuck me in between two burly men, and I ended up standing most of the way to Dubai as I got tired of climbing over them every 5 minutes. They definitely don't deserve airline of the year IMHO.

Qantas were great though. Next time we will go Singapore, which I'm looking forward to, as heard many good things.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Flew with Emirates first to Perth thought they were okay.
First plane to Dubai was a boeing 777 very nice aircraft.However for the long 10 hour stint to Perth they put us on an airbus a340 .Not very impressed with the amount of space leg room etc it felt very cramped.
The actual service from the cabin crew was fine.
Second time flew with Singapore airlines to Brisbane out of Heathrow boeing 747 nice aircraft although a bit old.Service excellent considering it was economy,cabin crew really friendly brillant with the children.
Food not bad service fine.Something I always pick up on and I do observe as I am x-cabin crew myself.
The Singapore girls really are nice ,hubby was drooling most of the flight so he did not care much.
Would love to fly on the new airbus a380 to Singapore when we go out for good.
At the end of the day it all depends on each individual experience.
I would however pick to fly with Singapore again.
Just wish I could get the chance to fly first class and not in the cattle truck down the back.Oh well suppose you carn't have everything.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:16 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Havent read whole thread, but what about Cathay? I thought they were superb, and I work in long haul travel so have done most of the big guns.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lucyb
Havent read whole thread, but what about Cathay? I thought they were superb, and I work in long haul travel so have done most of the big guns.

I am flying Friday morning to Sydney with Cathay. Have treated myself to business class, as I am on my own, 62 and arthritic. Will let you all know how it was. It has got rave reviews even for economy.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 8:01 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Are Garuda still going?

Went with them in 92, half empty plane both ways, had 4 seats each, now thats worth having.
The fact that we ended up in Paris on the way back and had to make our own way onto London wasn't ideal though.
Service, food and condition of planes, we broke down twice, was awful.

Kevin
Old Jan 4th 2006, 8:36 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Out of interest, what is the best airline you have flown with on the long haul part to Australia?

Air NZ, Singapore Airlines and CATHAY all great.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 8:50 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Have flown with (UK to Sydney) and think thusly of:

BA: Plus: UK entertainment on the seatback, UK 'ish' grub (though it's still pretty shite) Minus: Expensive, cabin crew treat you like cattle, not so far to walk at LHR
Malaysia: Plus: Cheapish, exotic grub (even for sprogs!!!), KL's a great stop-off airport, two (count 'em!!) extra inches in economy seats Minus: Despite lots of positive reports found the cabin crew decidedly average
Cathay: Plus: Very good prices, online and ticket-less check-in, superb cabin crews, nice grub, good seat-back entertainment Minus: Only your basic 30 inch seat space in economy
Virgin: Only ever flown business class (used to work for the Virgin Group) so can't really comment other than to say that business class is great .
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:01 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I have flown -

Qantas - both long haul & domestic and they were Ok

Malaysian Airlines - nasty nasty nasty!!!!

BA - good! Better crew on the British leg of the journey - very camp man doing the seat belt drill - nearly wet myself laughing as he kept imitating how to blow in the whistle (almost like that music video...can't remember the name) Anyway I would fly BA again (if I could afford it) I had a slipped disc and they got me a bulkhead seat with loads of leg room, offered me a wheelchair onto the plane (wasn't quite in need of that) and were generally very friendly.

Emirates - Ok...but hated the stops!

Singapore - Good! I prefer Singapore Airlines as I know what I am getting with them. I have had odd problems, mess up with extra seat booked etc but they are friendly and helpful. One complaint is that they always seem to run out of one type of food. Last time it was chicken or beef and they'd run out of chicken...I told them I did not eat beef and they then suggested veal! :scared:

When we fly back in Dec 2006 I am pretty sure it will be Singapore Airlines.

Susan
Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:35 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Malaysian give the best bang for your buck. Great to fly with.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzannepatricia
I am flying Friday morning to Sydney with Cathay. Have treated myself to business class, as I am on my own, 62 and arthritic. Will let you all know how it was. It has got rave reviews even for economy.

please do.... we fly business the Cathay to Brisbane on 17th so will be looking forward to eharing how you get on!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.