Berwick schools

Old Apr 28th 2004, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

jackobite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Berwick schools

We have been looking at the threads and seeking advice on different area's. Berwick seems to be popular, but after looking at the real estate web site's there seems to be a lot of new property's being built, does any one know if the schools are making any preperations for all these new people moving to the area. We had a problem in our village in Norfolk a few years ago, when 100's of new property's were built and the local schools couldn't cope, any views on the schools apreiciated as we will be arriving mid May with 2 kids 6 and 7.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 4:45 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Berwick schools

Originally posted by jackobite
We have been looking at the threads and seeking advice on different area's. Berwick seems to be popular, but after looking at the real estate web site's there seems to be a lot of new property's being built, does any one know if the schools are making any preperations for all these new people moving to the area. We had a problem in our village in Norfolk a few years ago, when 100's of new property's were built and the local schools couldn't cope, any views on the schools apreiciated as we will be arriving mid May with 2 kids 6 and 7.
cant help ...... we are not goin to melb.....

but my friend who moved to berwick 4 yrs ago has her children at Brentwood Primary school...... and are very happy

love boom
xx
Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:14 am
Just Joined

jackobite is an unknown quantity at this point

Only 1 reply
boo hoo hoo!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Only 1 reply
boo hoo hoo!
That's because with 'jackobite' (I like that) and Berwick people might think you meant 'Berwick on Tweed' and not the new suburb of Melbourne

Seriously, the Education Department and house builders will be aware of the population profile of the area, new houses being built, current schools reaching capacity etc and will have plans in the pipeline where necessary so I wouldn't worry about a lack of schools in the area. Sometimes it is part of the planning permission to build a new estate - to build the school as well.

Check these out for Victorian schools:

http://www.eduweb.vic.gov.au/schoolsonline/
http://www.det.vic.gov.au/det/

And do a search in this forum on Berwick, Victorian schools etc, etc.

Good Luck!

OzTennis

Last edited by OzTennis; Apr 30th 2004 at 12:49 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

BUMP...
I met at least 3 people from this forum at the" MELB MEET "who live in that area be patient someone is sure to reply soon
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:06 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by helinuk
BUMP...
I met at least 3 people from this forum at the" MELB MEET "who live in that area be patient someone is sure to reply soon
Not sure about High Schools but Ive seen a few primary schools being built over in Berwick as it gets bigger by the day. Its a nice area though I do like Berwick a lot.
Old May 3rd 2004, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Jeannie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jackobite,

Sorry I have only just read your thread, and hope I can offer my two cents worth. We arrived in Berwick from Scotland just over a year ago, and bought a house in Berwick Springs. Yes, there is loads of new development in the area, but they seem to be very clued up with infrastructure, and there are new schools just opened, opening or will be soon. I have two boys, one in early high school and one in late primary school (13 and 10), and we looked at several schools before making a decision. We looked at Brentwood Park Primary and got a lovely reception, and it was a really nice feel to the school, and it helped that it had a high school right next door. We also looked at Hillsmeade Primary, which was much closer to our home, and had only been open one term when we arrived. Again, we got a lovelyr reception, and found it very hard to make a decision. In the end it came down to size. Brentwood Park has nearly 900 pupils, and Hillsmeade, at the time, had only 350. We came from a small Scottish village, where the local school only had 200 kids. We just felt that Liam would have been a bit overwhelmed in such a big school, although, I say again, it had a really good feel to it, and my friends little girl (8) goes there and loves it.
As far as the high schools go, again, we had a choice of three, although they are getting a bit difficult to get into with zoning regulations. Our older son, Matt, goes to Kambrya College, another new school, now in it's third year, and I am so impressed with this school I can't sing it's praises highly enough. They have a very different approach to education, and getting alot of good recognition for it. The principal has strong views on uniform and behaviour and expectations of student's learning. The staff are always on hand for discussions and will follow up any enquiry whenever you need anything. After initial teething troubles (which I think a 13 year old boy might have displayed anywhere) the staff helped me and Matt through to a point where he is a happy and successful student.

Hope this goes some way to helping. Let me know if you would like me to help with any further info.

Jeannie
Old May 3rd 2004, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jeannie1
Hi Jackobite,

Sorry I have only just read your thread, and hope I can offer my two cents worth. We arrived in Berwick from Scotland just over a year ago, and bought a house in Berwick Springs. Yes, there is loads of new development in the area, but they seem to be very clued up with infrastructure, and there are new schools just opened, opening or will be soon. I have two boys, one in early high school and one in late primary school (13 and 10), and we looked at several schools before making a decision. We looked at Brentwood Park Primary and got a lovely reception, and it was a really nice feel to the school, and it helped that it had a high school right next door. We also looked at Hillsmeade Primary, which was much closer to our home, and had only been open one term when we arrived. Again, we got a lovelyr reception, and found it very hard to make a decision. In the end it came down to size. Brentwood Park has nearly 900 pupils, and Hillsmeade, at the time, had only 350. We came from a small Scottish village, where the local school only had 200 kids. We just felt that Liam would have been a bit overwhelmed in such a big school, although, I say again, it had a really good feel to it, and my friends little girl (8) goes there and loves it.
As far as the high schools go, again, we had a choice of three, although they are getting a bit difficult to get into with zoning regulations. Our older son, Matt, goes to Kambrya College, another new school, now in it's third year, and I am so impressed with this school I can't sing it's praises highly enough. They have a very different approach to education, and getting alot of good recognition for it. The principal has strong views on uniform and behaviour and expectations of student's learning. The staff are always on hand for discussions and will follow up any enquiry whenever you need anything. After initial teething troubles (which I think a 13 year old boy might have displayed anywhere) the staff helped me and Matt through to a point where he is a happy and successful student.

Hope this goes some way to helping. Let me know if you would like me to help with any further info.

Jeannie
Well done I see you found the thread

Hope Jacobite has sees it
Old May 4th 2004, 12:02 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few "village" schools around Berwick , if you like small schools. Theres Harkaway (though its very closely Zoned)
Upper Beaconsfield, Narre North to name a few, all good, but with different learning styles.

There are several private primarys and secondarys. All state and privates have good reputations too.