Bendigo???

Old Sep 8th 2014, 12:59 am
Just Joined

Northern Mover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bendigo???

Hello there,
I have a dilema! Had an abyssmal day at work last week, and decided to job hunt! Put my cv into an agency, who rang me the next morning....they asked if they could put me forward for a managers post in Bendigo......
Now, when i have applied for senior posts here in SA, i got no response at all, so it came as a shock to have the agency consider me for such a big responsibility!!
I have resubmitted a more up to date cv, and the hospital want to interview me on Thursday........all good!

I want to know, if, any good people living in Bendigo can offer me some support, advice and a few facts about the town??? Ive done the internet search, but EVERYTHING looks a bit like a holiday brochure, and i want hard facts.....cost of living, housing stock, good areas to live, what is there for teenagers?? Job prospects for the OH??
I know it looks like i am jumping the gun, but i am the sort of person who needs to know, before i throw myself into the process!!
Has anyone out there moved interstate? What are the upsides, and downsides of such a big move? Im worse now than when i moved to OZ!!
Help please, if you can.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 1:08 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bendigo???

No real knowledge of living there but have some work colleagues who do and they are happy. I have been there a few times and actually like the place, nice big old town with a big main street and some quality restaurants and bars. Enjoy!!
Old Sep 8th 2014, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bendigo???

It's a big country town - could do much worse! All depends on your OH's skill set as to whether he'll get a job or not. There are plenty of teens in Bendigo so you'd have to assume there's stuff to do but it isn't going to have the buzz of the big city. Only a couple of hours to Melbourne, give it a go if the job's good. My BiL has lived there for years and he seems quite happy but he's not your typical social butterfly and he has no kids.