Being silly

Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Unhappy Being silly

Oh dear. We came back the a couple of weeks ago and we were really looking forward to going. I had to go to the kids school today and I was nearly in tears as my youngest daughters best friend was crying and eldest daughters teacher was also in tears.

Each time I look at one of my best friends faces I nearly start to cry and we are not even due to go until September. Then I start to think should I stay here? It is purely emontional as I dont want to stay here though. Strange as well, as I have been away from my family in the Uk for over 15 years now and I only see them once a year!

How sad
Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:15 pm
earlswood

Chin up Debsy

We are hoping to be in Brissy by September too. I havn't yet been going through your emotions just yet (well not tearfully!)

I am sure when things are looking more positive for us and we put the house on the market I will feel the same.

Luckily for me my only Sister is emigrating too and my parents want to retire to OZ.

I will still miss close friends though

you'll be fine

Anita x

Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Thanks Anita.

I know I will be fine. It was very hard for me when I first moved overseas as I lived in a few countries and I had to learn the languages as well, but I adapted really well and settled in easily and I know that I will do so again.

It is always hard to say goodbye though!
Old Feb 20th 2004, 11:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Chin up Debs, remember its only a flight away from your friends, and you'll have new mates here too. You know what to expect anyway, you've been through it before.
I think i spent the last 3 weeks in the UK in tears, and I have bouts of it now, but its getting better. just remember the reason why you are doing it!!!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Polly.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:06 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

As for the teacher, I'm not being hard but.... she has a professional duty to make your daughter's time at school happy. Blubbing is not going to help her. It is very hard not to join in when the children cry, I'm the worst for it. I get a lump in my throat and my voice goes all wobbly but you have to hold yourself together and get through it. If I had my own children maybe I would be different, I'm not sure. I'm hard, rofpml. NOT!

Sarah
Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Anyway teach - at least we wont miss the amount of homework she gives
Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:46 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Try and focus on the task in hand and your reasons for making Australia your new home.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

We are really looking forward to it BP. We are just the victims of our emotions as we feel sorry for people when they get sad
Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:00 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by debsy
We are really looking forward to it BP. We are just the victims of our emotions as we feel sorry for people when they get sad
People do get emotional over the goodbyes but when that plane takes off you'll feel a lot better.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

The kids cant wait. Most of our friends will visit us anyway.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by debsy
Keep your chin up Debs, I'm going through the same emotions right now, but I keep thinking of the better life I will be giving my children, and what a great future it will be

Lisa
Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

I know what you mean, we are going to Brisbane hopefully, Aug/Sept. My feelings are up one day, down the next.

I am a very emotional person as my husband will vouch for and I cry at anything and everything, if I see someone crying, I cry!!

If we all end up there around the same time, we will all have to meet up and keep each other positive, what do you think?

Mandy
Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Definately Mandy.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:47 am
earlswood

Morning Debsy,

Glad you seem happier today

With all of us about to descend on Brissy by the end of the year, and our expat mates all ready there we're gonna have one hell of a party!!!

That's gotta be worth looking forward to

Anita x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.