Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 1:31 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough
Default Beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now my hubbie is a kind and thoughtful chap and has decided that he is going to take out to Oz when we visit at Xmas a case of " Speckled Hen" as hand luggage for my brother who emigrated last year. Now while I admire his determination and willingness to carry a case of beer around Singapore Airport for 6 hours waiting for our connecting flight I don't think he can put them in as hand luggage and doubt if they will be allowed in the hold, but I could be wrong so any advice????
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 1:34 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by leanda
Now my hubbie is a kind and thoughtful chap and has decided that he is going to take out to Oz when we visit at Xmas a case of " Speckled Hen" as hand luggage for my brother who emigrated last year. Now while I admire his determination and willingness to carry a case of beer around Singapore Airport for 6 hours waiting for our connecting flight I don't think he can put them in as hand luggage and doubt if they will be allowed in the hold, but I could be wrong so any advice????

Firstly....i woudl have thought he would be ok taking it as handluggage, as long as its not too big a case (can it fit in a plastic bag?).

Secondly...where ein oz are you going? I have it on good information that you can get old speckled out there (in bris and syd at least), so you might want to take another of our countries fine ales. May i suggest some lovely Kentish Spitfires?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 1:40 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

yip speckled is available in bottles in some bottle shops(sydney)
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 1:40 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

You sure can buy old speck hen in Brissie.

Found it along with Tetleys in The Pig and Whistle at Indooroopilly.
Best pint of the whole holiday!!!

Wouldnt have a clue how to get them over, but could be sure if I tried I would end up with a very wet bag and clothes!!!

TT
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 1:45 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by leanda
DEFINATLY DEFINATLY dont put them in the hold

(im just thinking of all that wasted beer. Sacrilege)
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 4:35 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
When are you going I'll help carry it
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 4:37 pm
A Male Member

Originally posted by cresta57
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
When are you going I'll help carry it
Should that not have read...

"when are you going, i'll lighten your load" ?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 6:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Put a plastic bag around each bottle and wrap it in clothes or stick it in your shoes; well padded inside the hold I got 12 Cascades back to the UK last year. Another 6 in my hand luggage, equally well padded. However if you take it on as a crate, your hand luggage will probably be overweight.....

Tricky - as a Speckled Hen fan, I'm delighted to hear you can buy it in Brissie! Have to alternate it with the Cascade.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:31 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all the advice, he is determined to take something in the real ales department with him so no doubt will be tasting and tasting from now until christmas till hes made his final choice, at least now iin Brisbane at least he knows he has got something to drink except water!!!!!