Beer

Old May 5th 2003, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

wesley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Beer

here's a silly question for you all. What the most popular beer in Australia. Is it really Fosters? Do Austalians really drink alot? just silly questions, things i wonder about
Old May 5th 2003, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

matt&sue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Beer

Originally posted by wesley
here's a silly question for you all. What the most popular beer in Australia. Is it really Fosters? Do Austalians really drink alot? just silly questions, things i wonder about
when we were there we was drinking toohys the aussies have never heard of fosters
Old May 5th 2003, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Houdini at home is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe that Victoria Bitter (VB) is the most popular.
Old May 5th 2003, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Houdini at home
certainly the most popular with me,although west end draght and hahn premium went down well to. jockney
Old May 5th 2003, 11:38 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Houdini at home
I didn't enjoy VB at all, in fact as a "real ale" fan I found very few nice ales in my short stay. Think I may brew my own when we get there as Guinness was bloody expensive and that was about the best non lager I could find. Toohey's wasn't all that bad though.
Old May 6th 2003, 12:08 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Each state has it's own popular brew, particularly draught beer. In WA it tends to be Swan & in Queensland four X.

I've got into Carlton Crown Lager which I drink a lot of, sadly it's one of the most expensive in the chiller cabinet, but it's good.

I also like a can of O.P. Bundy and cola to get the party started. (The bear made me do it!)
Old May 6th 2003, 6:49 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

That evil brew VB is the top drink , but you can buy Brit beers nearly everywhere now thank god .

Old May 6th 2003, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

hibee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Carlton draught in my opinion is a nice beer , although watch for the beers here as most of the Heavys as they call them are about 4.7/9 % especially vb which in my opinion is gut rot.

As being a beer drinker in the U.K it is taken me a while to get used to whatbthey call beer (lager) Although as P.B says you can get most English Beers in the more popular pubs
Havent come acrross a good Scotish beer yet.
Although an irish bar near me sells Nookie Brown on Draught ( Beautifull)

Regards
Jamie
Old May 6th 2003, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

Swan Draught and Carlton Draught are good.
VB is real "headache tackle".
Haven't seen Fosters anywhere
Bought some Tetley's from the bottle shop last week - it was imported from France (long way to do a booze cruise).....

look at www.australianbeers.com for all you'll need to know on the subject.
Old May 6th 2003, 12:21 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

The best beer in my opinion, is COOPERS PALE [4.5%ac] SPARKLING ALE[5.9%ALC]........no preservitives, brewed in the bottle ,they must be a good brewer as they have just signed an agreement with ANHAUSER,BUSCH,[USA] to brew "BUDWIESER" for the aust market.........MM
Old May 6th 2003, 12:38 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Id second that. Coopers Pale was my favorite by far.
Old May 6th 2003, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point

I had read previously that Fosters was a bit of a joke in Oz...just for the tourists!!??

What about Strongbow cider??? I'm trying to keep my hubby off the loopy juice but he does love it so!
Old May 6th 2003, 3:34 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Ok depends on you definition of Beer but there is only one GUNINESS!

I spent years in the UK wondering when the pubs I frequented were going to get it right - believe it or not I believe it was when the widget in the can came out and Mainland UK people knew it did not have to taste so bad!

Now I frequently drink it here in AUS - on a couple of conditions, one they can serve it very cold in cans or they actually know how to keep their pipes so the brew is drinkable! Price yes it very expensive but better than the gut rot and bad head from the other swill.

On the other side of decent beer.... Fosters - it is a overseas Joke, they do not drink it here, VB, Carlton, Tooheys Old and New and various others depending on taste.

My hubby agrees with the Bundys! Perfect Party Can!

Cheers Sandra